Stephen

Hi

I have a friend who wishes to upgrade the performance of his Compaq Presario
6000 (128Mb RAM Celeron processor).

Would replacing the motherboard be a viable option? Is it possible to
replace Intel motherboards with an AMD compatible motherboard?

Any views would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Stephen

hh

Check the Compaq FAQ.
HH

"Stephen" <stephen@faxshot.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have a friend who wishes to upgrade the performance of his Compaq
> Presario 6000 (128Mb RAM Celeron processor).
>
> Would replacing the motherboard be a viable option? Is it possible to
> replace Intel motherboards with an AMD compatible motherboard?
>
> Any views would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Regards
> Stephen

Stephen

I just cannot find any Presario FAQ that mentions upgrades.

"HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Check the Compaq FAQ.
> HH
>
> "Stephen" <stephen@faxshot.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> I have a friend who wishes to upgrade the performance of his Compaq
>> Presario 6000 (128Mb RAM Celeron processor).
>>
>> Would replacing the motherboard be a viable option? Is it possible to
>> replace Intel motherboards with an AMD compatible motherboard?
>>
>> Any views would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Regards
>> Stephen

Stephen

The best I can find from the Compaq FAQ is:

"So, generally speaking for most users, the board is NOT easily
upgradeable."

>I just cannot find any Presario FAQ that mentions upgrades.
>

> "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Check the Compaq FAQ.
>> HH
>>
>> "Stephen" <stephen@faxshot.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I have a friend who wishes to upgrade the performance of his Compaq
>>> Presario 6000 (128Mb RAM Celeron processor).
>>>
>>> Would replacing the motherboard be a viable option? Is it possible to
>>> replace Intel motherboards with an AMD compatible motherboard?
>>>
>>> Any views would be greatly appreciated.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Stephen

hh