Can't install HP LJ 2300L

Hello,
I am trying to install an HP LJ2300L printer on a Windows
XP Pro machine. When I attempt to use the drivers from HP,
the print subsystem shuts down near the end of the
install. The printer is locally attached to the PC, and
the PC was upgraded to WinXP from 98SE. Everything worked
fine under 98, but not under XP. Tried all the "fixes" I
could find from HP and Microsoft, with no joy. Any other
ideas??

Thanks
7 answers Last reply
More about install 2300l

    You probably left the printer connected during upgrade.
    Read Cari's web site and follow directions:

    "Rich" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > I am trying to install an HP LJ2300L printer on a Windows
    > XP Pro machine. When I attempt to use the drivers from HP,
    > the print subsystem shuts down near the end of the
    > install. The printer is locally attached to the PC, and
    > the PC was upgraded to WinXP from 98SE. Everything worked
    > fine under 98, but not under XP. Tried all the "fixes" I
    > could find from HP and Microsoft, with no joy. Any other
    > ideas??
    >
    > Thanks

    Already did that. The install of the driver then seemed to
    go ok, until the system was restarted. Then the problem
    with the Print Spooler Subsystem came up. Went through all
    the procedures I could find regarding that error. Also, I
    cannot install the HP driver update from Microsoft. The
    print spooler subsystem shuts down before it can be
    installed. Any other thoughts??

    See the KB article at
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324757
    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    > Already did that. The install of the driver then seemed to
    > go ok, until the system was restarted. Then the problem
    > with the Print Spooler Subsystem came up. Went through all
    > the procedures I could find regarding that error. Also, I
    > cannot install the HP driver update from Microsoft. The
    > print spooler subsystem shuts down before it can be
    > installed. Any other thoughts??

    Already went through that, too.

    us;324757
    >--
    >Cari
    >MS-MVP Windows Technologies - Printing/Imaging/Hardware
    >www.coribright.com
    >
    >"Rich" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    >> Already did that. The install of the driver then seemed
    >> go ok, until the system was restarted. Then the problem
    >> with the Print Spooler Subsystem came up. Went through
    all
    >> the procedures I could find regarding that error. Also,
    >> cannot install the HP driver update from Microsoft. The
    >> print spooler subsystem shuts down before it can be
    >> installed. Any other thoughts??

    Try one more complete blitz of previous drivers.....

    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    > Already went through that, too.

    Everything went good until I rebooted the PC. Print
    Spooler won't stay running. Any other suggestions??

    Try a System Fie Check. From the Command Prompt, type:
    sfc /scannow
    (and hit enter)

    www.coribright.com

    > Everything went good until I rebooted the PC. Print
    > Spooler won't stay running. Any other suggestions??

Windows XP Hewlett Packard Microsoft Printers