Can't install HP LJ 2300L

June 29, 2004 10:28:44 AM

Hello,
I am trying to install an HP LJ2300L printer on a Windows
XP Pro machine. When I attempt to use the drivers from HP,
the print subsystem shuts down near the end of the
install. The printer is locally attached to the PC, and
the PC was upgraded to WinXP from 98SE. Everything worked
fine under 98, but not under XP. Tried all the "fixes" I
could find from HP and Microsoft, with no joy. Any other
ideas??

Thanks

More about : install 2300l

Anonymous
a b α HP
June 29, 2004 8:13:30 PM

You probably left the printer connected during upgrade.
Read Cari's web site and follow directions:

"Rich" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I am trying to install an HP LJ2300L printer on a Windows
> XP Pro machine. When I attempt to use the drivers from HP,
> the print subsystem shuts down near the end of the
> install. The printer is locally attached to the PC, and
> the PC was upgraded to WinXP from 98SE. Everything worked
> fine under 98, but not under XP. Tried all the "fixes" I
> could find from HP and Microsoft, with no joy. Any other
> ideas??
>
> Thanks
June 29, 2004 8:13:31 PM

Already did that. The install of the driver then seemed to
go ok, until the system was restarted. Then the problem
with the Print Spooler Subsystem came up. Went through all
the procedures I could find regarding that error. Also, I
cannot install the HP driver update from Microsoft. The
print spooler subsystem shuts down before it can be
installed. Any other thoughts??

a b α HP
June 29, 2004 8:13:32 PM

See the KB article at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324757
--
Cari
www.coribright.com

> Already did that. The install of the driver then seemed to
> go ok, until the system was restarted. Then the problem
> with the Print Spooler Subsystem came up. Went through all
> the procedures I could find regarding that error. Also, I
> cannot install the HP driver update from Microsoft. The
> print spooler subsystem shuts down before it can be
> installed. Any other thoughts??

June 29, 2004 8:13:33 PM

Already went through that, too.

us;324757
>--
>Cari
>MS-MVP Windows Technologies - Printing/Imaging/Hardware
>www.coribright.com
>
>"Rich" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> Already did that. The install of the driver then seemed
>> go ok, until the system was restarted. Then the problem
>> with the Print Spooler Subsystem came up. Went through
all
>> the procedures I could find regarding that error. Also,
>> cannot install the HP driver update from Microsoft. The
>> print spooler subsystem shuts down before it can be
>> installed. Any other thoughts??

Anonymous
a b α HP
June 29, 2004 8:13:34 PM

Try one more complete blitz of previous drivers.....

Cari
www.coribright.com

> Already went through that, too.

June 29, 2004 8:17:54 PM

Everything went good until I rebooted the PC. Print
Spooler won't stay running. Any other suggestions??

Anonymous
a b α HP
June 30, 2004 5:18:13 AM

Try a System Fie Check. From the Command Prompt, type:
sfc /scannow
(and hit enter)

www.coribright.com

!