284.4@EJL

OS : WIN XP PRO
PRINTER : EPSON LQ-670

Print out from excel will print 284.4@EJL at the top left
corner of the paper.

Plse advise solution to get rid of the problem

Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    Uninstall and reinstall the printer.....

    The drivers are included with XP....
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;293378

    When you get to Step 6, use the Add Printer Wizard to install the printer.

    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    "sam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > OS : WIN XP PRO
    > PRINTER : EPSON LQ-670
    >
    > Print out from excel will print 284.4@EJL at the top left
    > corner of the paper.
    >
    > Plse advise solution to get rid of the problem
    >
    > Thanks.

    An answer that really works, from Epson Support

    Thank you for contacting the Epson Connection.
    Please follow the instructions below to install a Windows XP emulation
    driver.

    1. Click on "Start", then "Control Panel" and then "Printers and
    Faxes".
    2. In the left hand column choose the option "Add Printer". The "Add
    Printer Wizard" comes up, click on "Next".
    3. At the "Local or Network Printer" screen choose "Local" and remove
    the
    check from "Automatically Detect".
    4. Click on "Next".
    5. At the "Select Port" screen choose the appropriate port (usually
    LPT1:
    recommended printer port).
    6. At the install printer software screen choose "Epson" under
    "Manufacturer" and LQ-510 for the printer, then click "Next". If you
    wanted to install the Windows universal driver, choose "generic" under
    "Manufacturer" and choose "Text Only", then click "Next".
    7. At the printer name screen choose "Next".
    8. When asked if you would like the printer to be default make the
    appropriate selections and then click "Next".
    9. Finally click on "Finish". You may need your Windows XP
    installation
    disk.

    I don't know why they don't fix the other driver's.

    --
    bhaft

Windows XP