"sam" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote in message
> OS : WIN XP PRO
> PRINTER : EPSON LQ-670
> Print out from excel will print 284.4@EJL at the top left
> corner of the paper.
> Plse advise solution to get rid of the problem
August 24, 2004 11:16:08 PM
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)
An answer that really works, from Epson Support
Thank you for contacting the Epson Connection.
Please follow the instructions below to install a Windows XP emulation
1. Click on "Start", then "Control Panel" and then "Printers and
2. In the left hand column choose the option "Add Printer". The "Add
Printer Wizard" comes up, click on "Next".
3. At the "Local or Network Printer" screen choose "Local" and remove
check from "Automatically Detect".
4. Click on "Next".
5. At the "Select Port" screen choose the appropriate port (usually
recommended printer port).
6. At the install printer software screen choose "Epson" under
"Manufacturer" and LQ-510 for the printer, then click "Next". If you
wanted to install the Windows universal driver, choose "generic" under
"Manufacturer" and choose "Text Only", then click "Next".
7. At the printer name screen choose "Next".
8. When asked if you would like the printer to be default make the
appropriate selections and then click "Next".
9. Finally click on "Finish". You may need your Windows XP
I don't know why they don't fix the other driver's.
Cari \(MS-MVP\) wrote:
> *Uninstall and reinstall the printer.....
> The drivers are included with XP....
> When you get to Step 6, use the Add Printer Wizard to install the
> MS-MVP Windows Technologies - Printing/Imaging/Hardware
> "sam" <email@example.com> wrote in message
> > OS : WIN XP PRO
> > PRINTER : EPSON LQ-670
> > Print out from excel will print 284.4@EJL at the top left
> > corner of the paper.
> > Plse advise solution to get rid of the problem
> > Thanks.
> > *