My fps on stronger machine lower than on weaker..read

Hi im andrew, new here blahblah..new to gaming too not well expirienced with gaming and staff.

MY PC ISNT A BEAST NEITHER A GOOD PC !

My old machine :

9800 gt 1gig( 256bits )
intel pentium D 925
2.5 gigs ram

Never tested bf3 its weak lol...but bc2 run smooth on med/low .

Then i bought new motherboard new cpu e6600 core2duo and 2gigs ram...i get some lowlow fps and..
ITS STRONG AT ALL u pls nohate me for posting low pc complain bout a HIGH cpu and GPU wanted game but look ... it runed better with older setup than with this .. can be making ram 4 gigs fixing this ? idk its strange
11 answers Last reply
More about stronger machine lower weaker read
  1. bad company runs very very badly on the old core 2 duo's for some reason it just didnt like em and would spend most of the time in mid teens for its fps all i can recommend is turn everything other than textures down to minimum and hope you manage to get 30+

    an amd 6000+x2 is comparable directly with your cpu and that would give 45-60, but it is slightly weaker by about 5% but for some reason works better with BC2
  2. Hmm...when getting pc at the same moment i tried bf3 ...medium = smooth . some 30-40 fps...then it dropped im like ok... Then i got it low ...it flied today suddendly it dropped to 20-30 and it was like 40-50 ....?
  3. It kinda looks like it runs bf3 on low better than bc2 on low WTF realy ?
    It realy is like bf3 runs smoother than bc2 on low ... i just bought the cpu trough many complications i was going to a quad but nvm...so strange damn strange ...
    again can the ram be bottleneck i readed that pcs with less than 4 gigs ram can stutter and lag like with no reason..
  4. can windows 7 be the problem..cus i got win7 after getting new parts before that iwas playing with xp . For some reason it seems like xp has that better performance x10 but i want to play bf3 ik that i can. My ram upgrade to 4 improved it a bit but not much tough its a 32 bit 7 and idk what to say more ...
  5. it really is down to the cpu m8, its bottlenecking the 9800gt by a good 15% which is too much. you can get away with 5% but more than that and you will see lag in most games.
    igf you increase the gfx quality you may see a small improvement in the bottom end fps but it will only be 1-3 fps on a game like bf3...
    all you can do is upgrade the cpu to a minimum of a core 2 quad 2.4 or higher... anything less and battlefield will lag on multiplayer.
    you still wont get high settings but you will manage 30+ fps minimum
  6. HEXiT said:
    it really is down to the cpu m8, its bottlenecking the 9800gt by a good 15% which is too much. you can get away with 5% but more than that and you will see lag in most games.
    igf you increase the gfx quality you may see a small improvement in the bottom end fps but it will only be 1-3 fps on a game like bf3...
    all you can do is upgrade the cpu to a minimum of a core 2 quad 2.4 or higher... anything less and battlefield will lag on multiplayer.
    you still wont get high settings but you will manage 30+ fps minimum


    It looks like i desperately need a quad core ....
    So 9800 isnt tha medium graph card so the duo is a bottleneck here aha....
    i tought that a duo newer serie will make it all like medium pc but it seems like i gotta buy new cpu ...i just bought the cpu nor 5 days passed..
    On bf3 single i get 30-40 fps is that enough to notlag on the 32 man servers?
  7. penny d's are dual cores but there 2 cornroes welded together they are a botch job at best that served a purpose about 6-7 years ago. they were replaced with core 2 duo very quickly as they didnt have the bandwidth needed for the new gen of gfx that came out... ie the dx10 88gt... your 98gt is almost identical but is actualy about 3 percent better bue to a dye shrink ... today its considered minimum spec for games being 4 years old. next year its unlikely to play the very top tier games.
    in fact i think it may already have been seen as to weak as max pain needs a gtx 260 which is pretty much the next crd up from yours... sorry...
  8. HEXiT said:
    penny d's are dual cores but there 2 cornroes welded together they are a botch job at best that served a purpose about 6-7 years ago. they were replaced with core 2 duo very quickly as they didnt have the bandwidth needed for the new gen of gfx that came out... ie the dx10 88gt... your 98gt is almost identical but is actualy about 3 percent better bue to a dye shrink ... today its considered minimum spec for games being 4 years old. next year its unlikely to play the very top tier games.
    in fact i think it may already have been seen as to weak as max pain needs a gtx 260 which is pretty much the next crd up from yours... sorry...

    I will buy it and test it ... if i do manage to play it good on lower players servers wich isnt so true i guess il play and enjoy somehow if it starts lagging stuttering and freezing im gonna buy gtx260 and then fly it on medium or low . And also i tried some fps increasing techniques ...they all worked ... lag was decreased by allot . And i used superram last ....my graph card was 98 degrees i should not use that program anymore i dont want to see it like that again.
  9. getting a stronger gfx card will just increase the bottleneck on the penny d... its the cpu not being able to cope with the gfx you already have thats the problem... its not the gfx cards fault its the cpu that needs replacing.
  10. HEXiT said:
    getting a stronger gfx card will just increase the bottleneck on the penny d... its the cpu not being able to cope with the gfx you already have thats the problem... its not the gfx cards fault its the cpu that needs replacing.


    Im going to buy a quadcore i hope its gonna help !!!
  11. do u have a gpu? -_-
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Gaming Video Games