Xerox M940 printer

I can not load my printer on window XP.

Help????????????

Futureitpro@nyc.rr.com
1 answer Last reply
More about xerox m940 printer

    Where do I start? You haven't given me nearly enough information to work
    with, there are just too many variables here, but I'll try to cover at least
    some of them.

    If you UPGRADED to XP from a previous operating system and did NOT
    disconnect the printer, then the drivers are corrupted and you must
    UNINSTALL and REINSTALL COMPLETELY.

    See my article at

    If you are getting a message that the Operation Cannot be Completed, then
    you are probably logged on to XP as a Limited User. To install a printer,
    you MUST be the Administrator or a User with Admin Rights, see:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297780

    If you do not have the latest drivers for your printer, they can be found at
    the Xerox website at:
    http://www.support.xerox.com/go/results.asp?prodID=M940&Xlang=en_US&Xcntry=USA&Xtype=download&prodName=WorkCentre%20M940

    Remember, drivers for Windows95, 98, 98se and ME will NOT install on XP!

    Any other problems, you would need to post the exact text of the error
    message and ask for further help!
    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com