New bluetooth phones coming?

Last response: in Network Providers
February 17, 2005 7:18:15 AM

I have a new Acura TL with bluetooth capabilites, but I really don't
like the Moto 710 because it is just to big and heavy for my tastes.
And I'm not at all interested in the camera (although I would accept a
smaller camera phone if I have no choice). I just want a phone with
good RF that I can use to have a clear conversation.

Does anyone have any knowledge of any (smaller) bluetooth phones that
might be coming out any time soon? Thanks.
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 9:21:48 AM

nothing on the horizon as of yet. Verizon has always shyed away from
bluetooth and it looks like the next availabe phone will be the Treo
650, but if the 710 is too big for you then the 650 will definately be
too big. Also the Audiovox 6600 harrier is currently out and has
bluetooth. you might look into a jabra connection kit if you just want
to use the bluetooth in your car, then you could get a much smaller
phone, say a samsung 670, and it would work. good luck!
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 1:20:13 PM

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 06:21:48 -0800, Will wrote:

> nothing on the horizon as of yet. Verizon has always shyed away from
> bluetooth and it looks like the next availabe phone will be the Treo 650,
> but if the 710 is too big for you then the 650 will definately be too big.
> Also the Audiovox 6600 harrier is currently out and has bluetooth. you
> might look into a jabra connection kit if you just want to use the
> bluetooth in your car, then you could get a much smaller phone, say a
> samsung 670, and it would work. good luck!

The local Verizon Wireless store had the Harrier. They said it had
Bluetooth, not limited to driving earphones. Nice Etch-a-Sketch on
the display model (but shaking it didn't clear the screen). Alas, no
analog RF so it's just a toy.

--
Chuck Forsberg caf@omen.com www.omen.com 503-614-0430
Omen Technology Inc "The High Reliability Software"

they all say that !!! just kidding, sometimes the corporate stores know
what they are talking about. and yep all of the pda phones will be all
digital, only trimode is the 710. i like that about the shaking!
funny stuff.
February 18, 2005 4:31:41 AM

Sorry buddy...not from this company. While major car manufactures are even
putting the technology in their vehicles Verizon Wireless could care less of
putting the new stuff on the market. Since Verizon Wireless can't really
make a lot of money off of that technology it would be at the bottom of
their list even though a lot of people want it. What can you do....I know,
get out of dodge and hit up Cingular. They have more bluetooth available
phones alone then Verizon has on their entire phone lineup. The gap is that
big.

<zwerl1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have a new Acura TL with bluetooth capabilites, but I really don't
> like the Moto 710 because it is just to big and heavy for my tastes.
> And I'm not at all interested in the camera (although I would accept a
> smaller camera phone if I have no choice). I just want a phone with
> good RF that I can use to have a clear conversation.
>
> Does anyone have any knowledge of any (smaller) bluetooth phones that
> might be coming out any time soon? Thanks.

Anonymous
February 18, 2005 1:08:46 PM

True, Cingular does have alot of bluetooth phones, but their service is
still really rough in some areas, especially around where I live, and
god knows i am not envious of their merger logistics! sometimes they
have alot of trouble with cust service too, but hey every company has
their problems, i would rather take great cust service and coverage
over alot of bluetooth phones anyday.
February 19, 2005 1:58:47 AM

While others have said Cingular coverage is excellent and works great for
them when it never use to. Those are happy customer's with a very good
hardware lineup.

"Will" <wlehman@gmail.com> wrote in message
> True, Cingular does have alot of bluetooth phones, but their service is
> still really rough in some areas, especially around where I live, and
> god knows i am not envious of their merger logistics! sometimes they
> have alot of trouble with cust service too, but hey every company has
> their problems, i would rather take great cust service and coverage
> over alot of bluetooth phones anyday.

Anonymous
February 19, 2005 9:15:05 AM

perhaps i will give them a try again someday :)  old wounds heal slowly
:)  cheers!
Anonymous
February 20, 2005 3:06:52 PM

Try a Sony Ericsson T608.. It has bluetooth and full obex. In my
opinion, it's better than the v710.

I've used one for a year before selling it on ebay... I have recently
run across a couple more which I plan on converting to verizon within
the next week or two. It's really an amazing little phone, and works
(almost) flawlessly on verizon. Read a few of my posts here from a
while back to get an idea....

email me at :
tomz15 at hot mail dot com
if you are interested in purchasing.

I have several (about 15 as of right now) available with accessories.
I can probably obtain more if there is a demand.

I will include specific instructions on how to activate this phone on
verizon.

-Tom

zwerl1@yahoo.com wrote:
> I have a new Acura TL with bluetooth capabilites, but I really don't
> like the Moto 710 because it is just to big and heavy for my tastes.
> And I'm not at all interested in the camera (although I would accept
> smaller camera phone if I have no choice). I just want a phone with
> good RF that I can use to have a clear conversation.
>
> Does anyone have any knowledge of any (smaller) bluetooth phones that
> might be coming out any time soon? Thanks.
March 6, 2005 2:03:26 PM

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 17:24:16 -0600, tmxlee
<tmxlee.1lg2c0@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:

>Samsung has a new line of gsm phones that are all bluetooth featured.
>check it out at www.gsmarena.com
>
>i personally like the z500 and the e720.

And you posted this to the Verizon news group. How will that help
Verizon users who are on CDMA?

March 7, 2005 8:56:22 PM

Joseph wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 17:24:16 -0600, tmxlee
> <tmxlee.1lg2c0@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:
>

>>Samsung has a new line of gsm phones that are all bluetooth featured.
>>check it out at www.gsmarena.com
>>
>>i personally like the z500 and the e720.
>

> And you posted this to the Verizon news group. How will that help
> Verizon users who are on CDMA?

Technically, Verizon users do not necessarily use CDMA. Verizon is a
wireline brand. Verizon Wireless is the brand that uses CDMA.

TH
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 7:35:57 AM

Will wrote:
> nothing on the horizon as of yet. Verizon has always shyed away from
> bluetooth and it looks like the next availabe phone will be the Treo
> 650, but if the 710 is too big for you then the 650 will definately
be
> too big. Also the Audiovox 6600 harrier is currently out and has
> bluetooth. you might look into a jabra connection kit if you just
want
> to use the bluetooth in your car, then you could get a much smaller
> phone, say a samsung 670, and it would work. good luck!

Do you know if the Jabra kit will synch with the car's prewired
bluetooth system that works through the stereo speakers?
March 8, 2005 11:39:01 AM

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 17:56:22 GMT, Tropical Haven <user@example.net>
wrote:

>Joseph wrote:
>> On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 17:24:16 -0600, tmxlee
>> <tmxlee.1lg2c0@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:
>>

>>>Samsung has a new line of gsm phones that are all bluetooth featured.
>>>check it out at www.gsmarena.com
>>>
>>>i personally like the z500 and the e720.
>>

>> And you posted this to the Verizon news group. How will that help
>> Verizon users who are on CDMA?
>>
>> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
>Technically, Verizon users do not necessarily use CDMA. Verizon is a
>wireline brand. Verizon Wireless is the brand that uses CDMA.

Oh puhleez. You're making an excuse for an off-topic post.
March 8, 2005 1:54:51 PM

Let us know when you get the newsgroup's name changed to
alt.cellular.verizonwireless
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 11:10:17 AM

dont have a clue, you might ask some of the techies down at radio
shack, or ask if they would let you take one out of the box to try it.
that would be the best test
!