HP 722C not printing duplex

I recently got a new computer with XP on it and connected my HP 722C printer to it. It does not recognize the fact that the 722C will print on both sides. I've got the correct XP driver. I think I can still do it by just printing odd and then pulling out and printing even pages but I'd like it set up the way it was for 98SE. Any suggestions?

HP decided not to write updated drivers for this very old and long
discontinued printer. Microsoft included basic drivers in XP so that you can
still use the printer but they do not have all the advanced features you
were used to.

You can regain those features by using the shareware from www.fineprint.com
or purchase something a little more up to date.
www.coribright.com

"jeffh52" <jeffh52@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently got a new computer with XP on it and connected my HP 722C
>printer to it. It does not recognize the fact that the 722C will print on
>both sides. I've got the correct XP driver. I think I can still do it by
>just printing odd and then pulling out and printing even pages but I'd like
>it set up the way it was for 98SE. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your help. I'll give it a try .................

"Cari (MS MVP)" wrote:

> HP decided not to write updated drivers for this very old and long
> discontinued printer. Microsoft included basic drivers in XP so that you can
> still use the printer but they do not have all the advanced features you
> were used to.
>
> You can regain those features by using the shareware from www.fineprint.com
> or purchase something a little more up to date.
> www.coribright.com
>
> "jeffh52" <jeffh52@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I recently got a new computer with XP on it and connected my HP 722C
> >printer to it. It does not recognize the fact that the 722C will print on
> >both sides. I've got the correct XP driver. I think I can still do it by
> >just printing odd and then pulling out and printing even pages but I'd like
> >it set up the way it was for 98SE. Any suggestions?

I've got the same trouble with a Deskjet 920c; not "a very old and long
discontinued printer". They call it progress!!
Chris Powis.

Use the shareware from www.fineprint.com
--
Cari (MS-MVP)