Ghost Recon Future Soldier Sys Req Question

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Laptops
  • GPUs
  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
May 19, 2012 11:35:54 AM

I have a question. I have been meaning to buy Ghost Recon Future Soldier, and I have gone yesterday to the Can You Run It website, and have ran the benchmark, but this popped up:

And here is my laptops specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate x86

AMD Athlon II Dual-Core M320 2.1Ghz

3GB RAM Memory

GPU specs in the picture

I think this should be able to run the game pretty well, but I dont understand why is it telling me that my GPU is not strong enough when it has everything the System Requirements says that it needs to have. Is it a bug with the Can You Run It website, or with the fact that this is a laptop we are talking about. Because I dont think it is because this is a laptop, since I read on this forum that the GPUs on the laptops are just like the normal GPUs, but tweaked so they can run on less power.

Can someone explain it to me???

More about : ghost recon future soldier sys req question

a b D Laptop
May 19, 2012 12:28:14 PM

Laptop GPU's are normally cut down versions of the desktop GPU's, less shaders etc, slower GPU/memory clocks etc etc etc. You get and I'm being generous, 65% of a desktop performance.
May 19, 2012 12:57:48 PM

das_stig said:
Laptop GPU's are normally cut down versions of the desktop GPU's, less shaders etc, slower GPU/memory clocks etc etc etc. You get and I'm being generous, 65% of a desktop performance.

So, wait... will I still be able to play Future Soldier???
a b D Laptop
May 20, 2012 10:08:01 AM

your video card will play some games on low settings but games like bf3 and grfw are just way beyond your card/igp... just because your sytem supports a shader model doesnt mean your card has enough physical grunt to run a game. the 4200 is below minimum for a lot of games and ghost recon is way above what you have...
so no you wont be able to play. yes it will install but it will e a slideshow at best even on minimum settings. the 4200 is a HD video card thus the support for shader4.1 but it only has a very small number of combined shaders which are what games need to produce gfx... on nvidia you need a minimum of about 96 on ati you need double that because of the way ati make em. yours has 40
so as you can see your about 1/4 of what is needed to play a demanding game at minimum.
be realistic about your performance and you wont be disappointed... you bought a media pc not a gaming 1.