Auto-created Printers

How do you stop XP from showing every printer connected
to the network? When I open my printers and fax folder it
has Auto in front of printers that it discovered on the
network.

In Windows Explorer, from the Toolbar, select Tools, Folder Options, in the
View tab, UNCHECK the box Automatically Search for Network Folders and
Printers.
--
Cari
www.coribright.com

"Neda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do you stop XP from showing every printer connected
> to the network? When I open my printers and fax folder it
> has Auto in front of printers that it discovered on the
> network.

pavel

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2003

I have the opposite problem. It seems to me that shared printers are
discovered only one time and if I delete such printer from the source or
destination, such printer is no longer discovered. I have tried to toggle
the Share flag on/off with out success. How do I force rediscovery of these
printers?

--
Pavel