problems with Canon Multipass F80

June 30, 2004 4:48:24 PM

Hey, if anyone can help, I'll sing them praises.
I recently upgraded to a system running Windows XP and
when I went to install my Canon Multipass F80 (which ran
like a champ on my Windows 2000 system) problems arose.

The install fails, and I receive an error message that
reads:

Component Transfer Error
Component: FAX FILES
File Group: Program Fax
File:
Error: The filename, directory name, or volume
label syntax is incorrect.

I'm also now getting this error message (at odd points --
but usually associated with Internet Explorer) that reads:

Fail to load dll: MpDBlf.dll
The specified module could not be found.

After several hours on the phone with Canon tech support,
and then Dell tech support (the computer I'm trying to
install on is a brand-new Dell 8300 so I figured I'd see
if I could get answers there), and a search on google, it
seems now to me that the problems are somehow related --
that the MpDBlf.dll error shows up occasionally when
folks unwittingly try to install a Canon multifunction
machine on a computer running windows XP. But the
solution as of yet escapes me.

Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks
Anonymous
December 18, 2004 3:22:55 AM

Hi,
I do have the same problem with my Canon MPC190 printer-scanner.
Do you have a slution yet ?
Let me know ?
Thanks :(

--
ananas
Anonymous

Hi,
I have been driving myself crazy trying to do fix the same problem. I have a
Canon Multipass F30 that worked just great with my desk top with Windows
2000. I upgraded to a Dell laptop and now I can not connect the 2. I don't
understand why Canon, Dell and Microsoft XP can not come up with a solution
to this connectivity issue. No one wants to spend hundreds of dollars to up
grade their computer or printer only to not be able to use them.

!