Windows XP--viewing Faxes

June 30, 2004 6:42:01 PM

I am able to send and receive faxes using Windows XP without any problems. However, if I receive a fax with more than one page, I can't figure out how to view the second page. When I click on the fax to view, it actually opens up in the "Photo Impression" software on the first page, but I don't see an option to view the next pages. I thought maybe all pages would print, but that's not the case either. Just the first page prints. Any help would be appreciated.

More about : windows viewing faxes

Anonymous
June 30, 2004 9:18:32 PM

This problem arises because some other imaging application that you
installed has set itself as the default viewer for TIF files. To view faxes
correctly from the Fax Console, the Windows Imaging and Fax viewer must be
your default viewer for TIF files. You can easily restore that setting in
Windows Explorer > Folder Options. File Types. For most users the command
line should read:rundll32.exe
<drive>:\WINDOWS\system32\shimgvw.dll,ImageView_Fullscreen %1"

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"DonnaC" <DonnaC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am able to send and receive faxes using Windows XP without any problems.
However, if I receive a fax with more than one page, I can't figure out how
to view the second page. When I click on the fax to view, it actually opens
up in the "Photo Impression" software on the first page, but I don't see an
option to view the next pages. I thought maybe all pages would print, but
that's not the case either. Just the first page prints. Any help would be
appreciated.
Anonymous
June 30, 2004 9:18:33 PM

Russ,
Thank you so much! That worked perfectly!!!

Donna

!