fax using modem

I am on aol broadband using DSL how can i use this modem to send a fax
3 answers Last reply
More about modem

    You cannot use THAT modem to send or recieve a fax.

    chez wrote:
    > I am on aol broadband using DSL how can i use this modem to send a
    > fax

    What modem? You don't /have/ a modem! Just think about it for a moment. When
    you connect to the internet, do you dial a number? No you do not. Do you
    connect using a phone line? No, you do not. If you don't dial a number and
    you're not using a phone line, how do you suppose the data is sent? Power of
    positive thought? Faxing requires two things: - direct access to a phone
    line and an analogue fax modem. You don't have either. You need to purchase
    an analogue fax modem and connect it to a phone line, via a DSL filter.
    You're not using the phone line directly because you can use the phone at
    the same time.

    sending a fax by DSL requires one of two methods:

    1. You obtain a DSL line filter suitable for connecting a standard voice
    telephone to the DSL line, then connect a regular analog fax modem to the
    line through the line filter. Your DSL provider has these filters, as does
    your local Radio Shack store:

    http://www.radioshack.com/category.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F004%5F004%5F002%5F000&Page=1&find=dsl%20filter(keyword)

    2. You hire an Internet E-faxing service:

    http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/fax.htm#internetfax
    Personal Fax Services - Internet Fax
    http://www.savetz.com/fax/
    FAQ: How can I send a fax from the Internet?

    Hal
    --
    Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
    Got Blues? - www.badnewsbluesband.com

    "chez" <chez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am on aol broadband using DSL how can i use this modem to send a fax

Fax Modem Microsoft Windows XP