Sign in with
Your question

Suddenly lagging in skyrim?

Last response: in Video Games
May 20, 2012 9:36:34 AM

I have been playing skyrim (with the HD texture pack) on the settings the Nvidia site gives for my graphics card, which is here:
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt...

And until today I have had almost no real frame drops since I have used these settings (I had some problems, but for the last 14 hours of game play, I have had no problems. which was around when I used these settings and the HD pack)

But now, if I play for more than like, 30 minutes, it becomes totally unplayable...suddenly the games loading screens take four times as long, and I get massive frame skips whenever I turn around. My specs are:

EVGA GTX 560ti
Intel i5 2400
4gb ram (2x2gb)
Corsair GS700 PSU

If there is anything else you need to know, lemme know.
May 20, 2012 9:50:08 AM

check your temps... 20 mins is about how long it takes for the cpu to reach its max temp while playing a game. there is also an issue created by uncompleted quests . if you have an incomplete quest and you do something that will stop you completing it. like killing a character that you need to deliver something to or assasinate at a later date but do it early because you commited another crime and killed your way out of a town for instance. you create a bug. and as these mount up over the course of the game it eventually causes other bugs.

thing is if you kill a needed character you can go back after 4-5 days and he should have resurrected if your lucky. if you then complete the quest it can either create a new bug or allow you to claim your reward and carry on the next string of quests.

m
l
!