G

I'm thinking about building a system with asus a7a266mb,amd
1333cpu,1gig ddr-ram,g-force 3.Do you think this would be a good system? I will be over clocking it to the max.

Raskall

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2001
I've said this a lot in the last few days, and I don't want to sound preachy or like a cheesy salesman, but I would wait for the KG7-RAID before you make any mobo choice. It beats the board you're looking at hands down, provided there aren't any major problems with it. Check out ABIT's web site for more info.

Jason

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
I like having 4 x DDR slots, but the socket placement looks really suspect that close to the top of the board and that row of capacitors below it. Shame also they had to use the VIA southbridge too.... I'm really interested to see how this board performs!

-* This Space For Rent *-
email for application details

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
A7A266 does not perform very well with DDR ram. Go with a motherboard that has the AMD 760 (also known as 761) chipset. the A7M266 is a nice performer, but only has two slots for ram, the new biostar performs a fraction below but has 4 slots. Right now I wish I would have gotten the Biostar to have the option to add more ram, but at the moment I only have 256 megs of PC2400 corsair overclocking ram (In one stick).