Lexmark X83 (all-in-one) printer

I just installed a verizon DSL modem to my computer and windows XP and now I cannot install my printer can anyone help me please!!

How are both connected to your PC?

Has the printer worked before?
--
Cari
www.coribright.com

"Going Crazy Carol" <Going Crazy Carol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:CF3645C4-C727-494E-9FB7-460D14AF0A54@microsoft.com...
>I just installed a verizon DSL modem to my computer and windows XP and now
>I cannot install my printer can anyone help me please!!

I have the same problem ... have been to the Lexmark website .... deleted the
printers...Window's Xp doesn't recognize it plugged into the usb... all the
scanner functions work wonderfully.... just no printer....doesn't show up in
the printers folder either.... hope someone can help

"Going Crazy Carol" wrote:

> I just installed a verizon DSL modem to my computer and windows XP and now I cannot install my printer can anyone help me please!!

You need to do a Complete Uninstall:
www.coribright.com

"locker2000" <locker2000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have the same problem ... have been to the Lexmark website .... deleted
>the
> printers...Window's Xp doesn't recognize it plugged into the usb... all
> the
> scanner functions work wonderfully.... just no printer....doesn't show up
> in
> the printers folder either.... hope someone can help
>
> "Going Crazy Carol" wrote:
>
>> I just installed a verizon DSL modem to my computer and windows XP and
>> now I cannot install my printer can anyone help me please!!

Willy

"Cari (MS MVP)" wrote:

> You need to do a Complete Uninstall:
> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
> www.coribright.com
>
> "locker2000" <locker2000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have the same problem ... have been to the Lexmark website .... deleted
> >the
> > printers...Window's Xp doesn't recognize it plugged into the usb... all
> > the
> > scanner functions work wonderfully.... just no printer....doesn't show up
> > in
> > the printers folder either.... hope someone can help
> >
> > "Going Crazy Carol" wrote:
> >
> >> I just installed a verizon DSL modem to my computer and windows XP and
> >> now I cannot install my printer can anyone help me please!!

I had trouble with my PC having difficulty communicating with the X83
printer. Advice was to re install. Uninstalled and tried to re install many
times but the installation "locks" near the end of procedure.Can anyone help
please.
Kevin