I believe that I have completely configured Fax (in XP) and I want to send .jpg files by fax. Although I go through the Wizard apparently satisfacorily when I complete to "Finish" - nothing happens. Can I do this without Fax hardware.
I have a scanner which used to send Faxes in ME but since I now have XP it does not send.

List the steps and the application you are using. You must print the JPG to
the Fax Printer from an application capable of rendering the image. Fax
software does not do the rendering.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"ronholden" <ronholden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I believe that I have completely configured Fax (in XP) and I want to send
..jpg files by fax. Although I go through the Wizard apparently satisfacorily
when I complete to "Finish" - nothing happens. Can I do this without Fax
hardware.
> I have a scanner which used to send Faxes in ME but since I now have XP it
does not send.

I have used both ACDSee and Photoshop to retrieve the .jpg files and then in "Print" I send them to the Fax printer this seems to be working - It brings up the Fax wizard and everything seems to be working right through to "Finish" but it simply does not send anything

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> List the steps and the application you are using. You must print the JPG to
> the Fax Printer from an application capable of rendering the image. Fax
> software does not do the rendering.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "ronholden" <ronholden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I believe that I have completely configured Fax (in XP) and I want to send
> ..jpg files by fax. Although I go through the Wizard apparently satisfacorily
> when I complete to "Finish" - nothing happens. Can I do this without Fax
> hardware.
> > I have a scanner which used to send Faxes in ME but since I now have XP it
> does not send.

Give a bit more detail. Hard to read minds. What exactly happens when you
click finish? What error messages do you get in Event Viewer? Does sending a
coverpage fax work?