add a printer wizard

Joe

I cannot get the add a printer wizard to open to install
new printers, and all of the previously installed printers
don't show up. Running XP, any ideas?

Duplicate posting, asked and answered. (start the print spooler)
www.coribright.com

"joe" <jhamm@viptx.net> wrote in message
>I cannot get the add a printer wizard to open to install
> new printers, and all of the previously installed printers
> don't show up. Running XP, any ideas?

1. Make sure your spooler is up (in cmd, give the
command, net start spooler).

2. Sometimes, Printers folder wouldn't show Add Printer
along with the list of printers. If you are able to see
Printers, but not the Add Printer menu, you can try to
set the option to see common tasks in the left side pane
and from that, you can choose Add Printer option. Easier
way is to right click the printers folder to select Add
Printer.

Thanks,
Ram

Nicholas

Distinguished
May 12, 2004

I have a similar problem. Have been unsuccessful in
getting the print spooler to start.

Hardware)
>www.coribright.com
>
>"joe" <jhamm@viptx.net> wrote in message
>>I cannot get the add a printer wizard to open to install
>> new printers, and all of the previously installed
printers
>> don't show up. Running XP, any ideas?
>

>.

Ensure all previous instances of a printer installation are removed

Pay particular attention to steps 14 through 16.
www.coribright.com