hp deskjet printing

My deskjet 722C cannot print two-sided in XP but could
when I used WIN95. HP support was not very helpful -
says driver is XP and they have no upgrades - they blame
Windows. Have you heard of such a thing and is there
anything I can do?
1 answer Last reply
More about deskjet printing

    HP decided that this was such an old and discontinued printer that is was
    uneconomical for them to write updated drivers for it. Microsoft provided
    drivers so that you can still print, but they do not have all the advanced
    features you were used to.

    Solution #1
    Install the shareware from www.fineprint.com. This will let you regain the
    features.

    Solution #2
    Purchase a nice new USB printer, with a year's guarantee, that will be MUCH
    faster than the old one and give much better features, resolution etc etc.

    In the long run, solution #2 is the most economical due to better ink
    cartridges (separate tanks) etc.
    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    "doug" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My deskjet 722C cannot print two-sided in XP but could
    > when I used WIN95. HP support was not very helpful -
    > says driver is XP and they have no upgrades - they blame
    > Windows. Have you heard of such a thing and is there
    > anything I can do?

Deskjet Hewlett Packard Windows XP