XP Fax

I wanted to take a look at XP Fax for the first time.
I'm just curious about having a cable modem. Can it only
be used with a dial modem? I would assume so since it
involves telephone transmission, but I was hoping that
with new technology the fax ability would change also. I
have a dial modem in my computer, but I have never used
it so it isn't even connected to the telephone jack. Any
hope for faxing with only a cable modem?
1 answer Last reply
More about tomshardware

    Faxing uses phone lines. Always has. Always will. That's what fax does.
    If you have no analog modem or phone line, you will need to use a fee based
    Internet Fax Service. Several are listed here: http://www.savetz.com/fax/

    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "Steve" <swburress@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > I wanted to take a look at XP Fax for the first time.
    > I'm just curious about having a cable modem. Can it only
    > be used with a dial modem? I would assume so since it
    > involves telephone transmission, but I was hoping that
    > with new technology the fax ability would change also. I
    > have a dial modem in my computer, but I have never used
    > it so it isn't even connected to the telephone jack. Any
    > hope for faxing with only a cable modem?

Fax Modem Windows XP