XP Fax

July 3, 2004 1:57:49 PM

I wanted to take a look at XP Fax for the first time.
I'm just curious about having a cable modem. Can it only
be used with a dial modem? I would assume so since it
involves telephone transmission, but I was hoping that
with new technology the fax ability would change also. I
have a dial modem in my computer, but I have never used
it so it isn't even connected to the telephone jack. Any
hope for faxing with only a cable modem?

More about : fax

Anonymous
July 3, 2004 5:08:28 PM

Faxing uses phone lines. Always has. Always will. That's what fax does.
If you have no analog modem or phone line, you will need to use a fee based
Internet Fax Service. Several are listed here: http://www.savetz.com/fax/

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]