KK266 R or K7 Master

G

I am building a new box for my paralyzed son, who operates his computer entirely by mouth. Want a system that's fast for voice recognition applications and multimedia content creation, but VERY stable so he doesn't crash or freeze. He can't reboot on his own.

What are the reasons why you would choose an Iwill KK266 R over an MSI K7 Master, or the other way around?

If you know of any reviews of the K7 Master, please point to them. I have plenty of reviews for the Iwill board, but not the K7 Master. Tom's Hardware publishes some Master test results in stories evaluating other boards, but I have not found a formal test review of the K7 Master itself on Tom's site. I did find one at dw3d.com

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have no experience with either board, but I have lots of experience with Asus, I recently went from the Asus A7V which was always stable to the Asus A7M266. The A7M266 is a DDR AMD 761 chipset board. If you don't want to overclock, and you want fast performance, and stability I'd say go with the Asus board. But for what you want it sounds like you need a fast processor, fast memory (and lots of it) and a real nice sound card.
to find everything at the best prices you can check www.pricewatch.com its where I find all my parts at the cheapest prices.
If you don't want to try Asus I've heard nothing but good things about the K7 Master

G

Gallilaw, are you posting the same question everywhere?

<font color=blue>"640 Kilobytes of computer memory ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981</font color=blue>