Printer will not install

fred

For some reason that i can not figure out, WinXP will not
permit me to add hardware or just plain add a printer.
When i click add printer it says "operation can not be
completed" The printer is usb, if that helps at all.
PLEASE HELP!!!
thanks

Error Message: Spooler Subsystem App Has Encountered a Problem and Needs to Close

Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://www.mvps.org/msauer/
"Fred" <registrationanimation@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> For some reason that i can not figure out, WinXP will not
> permit me to add hardware or just plain add a printer.
> When i click add printer it says "operation can not be
> completed" The printer is usb, if that helps at all.
> PLEASE HELP!!!
> thanks

Are you a user with Admin Rights?
www.coribright.com