Is there a list for FSB speed versus PCI clock

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It would be really helpful to a lot of people if there was a list that showed your PCI clock at different Front side bus speeds. Like I guess when your FSB is 100 your PCI bus is 33 MHz in a certain ratio, and when your FSB is 133 your PCI bus is 33 MHz in a different ratio. This would help people out because then they'd know the best way to overclock through the FSB and still keep stable PCI clocks.
I'm sure there has to be a chart like this somewhere if you know what it is I'd appreciate the info.

G

It's pretty easy to figure out. Just take your FSB and multiply by the appropriate PCI divider for your motherboard.
Example: (140MHz FSB)*(1/4 PCI divider)= 35MHz PCI bus
(112MHz FSB)*(1/3 PCI divider)= 37MHz PCI bus
Find your PCI divider in your BIOS

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
When you're overclocking your FSB, the components of your system make the most difference. There's people who can't o/c their NIC more than a couple of mhz before it locks up or dies. If you've got quality components (i.e. not the cheapest ones to be found), you'll go quite a bit higher before thinks get dicey. Typically, the ratio is 1/3 for speeds between 100-120mhz FSB. From 121-150+, the ratio goes to 1/4.