My PS3 shows error code 8002F147 during installation of update 4.11...

DatNiggaAk

Honorable
May 21, 2012
Hello,

I need your help desperately. I own a 320G PlayStation 3 slim which I bought February 2011 in London. I had just finished playing Assassins Creed Revelations(bought in London) and was about to start with Mass Effect 3(bought in Houston Tx) I slotted the disc in and it started downloading update 4.11 On completion of the download, it started installing the update but when it got to 16%, it stopped and showed error code 8002F147. I followed the instruction the console gave but it stopped at 16% after installation resumed.

I removed the HDD and formatted it with my laptop using NTFS, downloaded update 4.11 from the playstation UK website into a flash drive which I formatted to FAT32 tried restarting the console which reformatted the HDD, downloaded the update from the flash drive but when it started installing the update, it stopped at 15%
I bought a new HDD(Seagate 500G) but it still stopped installation at 15% and gave the error code 8002F147.

I live in Nigeria and unfortunately my console is not covered by warranty and there is no PlayStation service centre available in the country so my only hope of getting my console working without having to buy a new console which I can't afford now (baby on the way, wifey will kill me if I try to buy a new one) is from you guys. Please help a brother out, depression is setting in fast.

Thanks

Games (blu ray) like DVD's are region locked. If you bought the ps3 in london and the game in texas, it won't work. If you created a PSN account in london, you need to use that account to do the updates.

Also, the PS3 uses a proprietary format, so there is no sense in putting the drive in a PC and formatting it. The PS3 will just end up formatting it properly anyhow.

EDIT: Just noticed you said you did download 4.11 from the UK. Did you check the playstation support site for that error number?

DatNiggaAk

Honorable
May 21, 2012
8002F147
Summary
Issue updating the PS3 system software

Description
The PS3 is having an issue when trying to update the system software.

Solution
- Reboot the PS3 then redownload and install the system update.
- If you continue to have issues with the system update, you will need to contact PlayStation Support. Click herefor further information.

I will follow the instructions and get back to you guys. Thanks a milli....

DatNiggaAk

Honorable
May 21, 2012
I certainly can't update with the "Mass Effect 3" i have because it is a region 1 disc and my console is region 2 so i have to download the update from the playstation uk website. The flash drive i would use, should i format it using NTFS or FAT32?

I'm reformatting my HDD in NTFS this time around not using quick format(takes over 4 hours for a 320GB HDD). I know the console will still format it but since I'm in the office, I will be patient. My impatience starts when I get home. It remains 56 min 10 sec as I type.

I will try to update it via safe mode once more and if it doesn't work, I will empty the bottle of Jack Daniels in my room and skip work tomorrow due to the resultant hangover i will suffer.

PS3FIXERGUY

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
Do not listen to Hawkeye, he apparently doesn't know anything about PS3's. This is what you do. You had it pretty much right on. You take that HDD and format it in a PC to NTFS MUST BE NTFS!! Then you stick it in your PS3, let the PS3 reformat it. This will establish the HDD into the BIOS in the firmware which in a PS3 is stored on the BluRay Drive. Then you update the system with the new update file from your region via flash drive (USB) You shouldn't need to format a usb stick since they ALL come in FAT32.

Can I take out the PS3's internal HDD, connect it to my PC, and move data on and off the drive?

No. The PS3 uses a proprietary file format for its internal HDD, which cannot be read by PCs.

http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/ps3_hdd

martheman

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012
Suss this out if you want to get rid of ALL the error codes to save yourself harming your ps3 more (if your not a 'tech-savvy' kinda person) it got rid of all my error codes legit :D no hacking what so ever and came with a free professional YLOD fixing guide.

Any firmware you got works, so happy now i play all DivX, Xvid, MKV, MPG, MP4 files and my games ofcourse :p

http://den10maz.tetsou.hop.***/