SerArthurDayne

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001
I know people have done this... I've heard enough stories, but now I wanna see pics and design.

Does anybody have any links to pages that showcase a computer inside of a mini-fridge? How do they get around condensation on all the components? Hermetically seal the damn thing and remove the moisture?

Anyways, I'm just curious. Give me your links :)

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
CAnt help on modding a fridge, but you may want to consider a vapochill case
www.vapochill.com

Next time you wave - use all your fingers

SerArthurDayne

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001
I know what vapochill cases are...

And I don't want one. What I'm looking for is the fun of creating my own whacked out modification. Buying a kryotech case or vapochill kinda defeats the purpose of the hobby.

G

Just get the little paks that are in shoe boxes, you need like 200. Then put them in the fidge, lay everything on top of it and put more on top of everything. That is the best I can do for you and I guarranty it not to work, although you never know, it could...

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
to avoid condensation don't open the fridge.

My thoughts were to seal the fridge/leave it closed, and then run needed leads outside through an access hole. Problem #1 is length limit on IDE for CDROM and DVD. FDD should be okay at most lengths.... Possibly mounting the CDROMs in some way to/in the door of the fridge where it is just insulation?

-* This Space For Rent *-
email for application details

SerArthurDayne

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001
Not opening the fridge is a good idea ;)

I wonder how I could actively dehumidify the air inside the refrigerator?

I would also expect that people with these refrigerator mods have placed foam and silicone in strategic locations. But nobody knows anyone with such a mod or has seen such? I hear stories all the time... guess maybe they really ARE just stories.

Still, I do have that minifridge. It's not being used, and man that would be sweet to stuff my computer in there. Would save the hundred bucks I've got aside for watercooling and could put it into a new processor.

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
But - what is the heat dissipation of the fridge?

I wondered how much heat can it 'pump'?

To de-humidify in the first place - silica-gel is what you really need.

-* This Space For Rent *-
email for application details