Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

DSL and Fax on same phone line

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
July 6, 2004 4:25:08 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

For four years I had no problem with using my Winfax
Prosoftware to send and receive faxes on the same phone
line with DSL. I recently purchased a new computer with
Windows XP. I immediately started having problems
receiving faxes. I bought a new fax filter, tried to use
Windows Fax, upgraded to a better modem, and still no
solution. I deleted the Winfax and re-installed it after
re-installing the Lucent winmodem. That worked for a
while, then the problem started again.
Also,
I received a Window update notice about the updating the
Lucent modem driver to an Agere modem driver. Hoping
this would be the solution, I downloaded the update, but
get the message that this driver has not passed windows
logo testing to verify compatibility with windows XP.

Please help.

More about : dsl fax phone line

Anonymous
July 6, 2004 8:57:22 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

The best advice is to attempt to use XP Fax only if you have a modem that is
listed on the Windows XP Hardware Compatibility List and using the latest
drivers.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

"Bill Burndrett" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:278bb01c4638e$f2ac9900$a401280a@phx.gbl...
> For four years I had no problem with using my Winfax
> Prosoftware to send and receive faxes on the same phone
> line with DSL. I recently purchased a new computer with
> Windows XP. I immediately started having problems
> receiving faxes. I bought a new fax filter, tried to use
> Windows Fax, upgraded to a better modem, and still no
> solution. I deleted the Winfax and re-installed it after
> re-installing the Lucent winmodem. That worked for a
> while, then the problem started again.
> Also,
> I received a Window update notice about the updating the
> Lucent modem driver to an Agere modem driver. Hoping
> this would be the solution, I downloaded the update, but
> get the message that this driver has not passed windows
> logo testing to verify compatibility with windows XP.
>
> Please help.
Anonymous
July 7, 2004 9:20:44 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Russ, the Lucent winmodem came with the computer. It was
listed on the Windows XP Hardware Compatibility List.
Windows update invited me to update the modem driver.
The Lucent driver update from Windows update is from
Agere, but the update is not listed. why would Windows
Update suppest an unapproved driver update?

Also, I don't like XP fax.

>-----Original Message-----
>The best advice is to attempt to use XP Fax only if you
have a modem that is
>listed on the Windows XP Hardware Compatibility List and
using the latest
>drivers.
>--
>Russ Valentine
>[MVP-Outlook]
>
>"Bill Burndrett" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message
>news:278bb01c4638e$f2ac9900$a401280a@phx.gbl...
>> For four years I had no problem with using my Winfax
>> Prosoftware to send and receive faxes on the same phone
>> line with DSL. I recently purchased a new computer
with
>> Windows XP. I immediately started having problems
>> receiving faxes. I bought a new fax filter, tried to
use
>> Windows Fax, upgraded to a better modem, and still no
>> solution. I deleted the Winfax and re-installed it
after
>> re-installing the Lucent winmodem. That worked for a
>> while, then the problem started again.
>> Also,
>> I received a Window update notice about the updating
the
>> Lucent modem driver to an Agere modem driver. Hoping
>> this would be the solution, I downloaded the update,
but
>> get the message that this driver has not passed
windows
>> logo testing to verify compatibility with windows XP.
>>
>> Please help.
>
>
>.
>
Related resources
Anonymous
July 8, 2004 1:39:33 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Well, I guess you're not missing anything after all, then.
I have yet to see a winmodem that works with XP Fax. Maybe someone else has.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2810d01c46481$68871ae0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> Russ, the Lucent winmodem came with the computer. It was
> listed on the Windows XP Hardware Compatibility List.
> Windows update invited me to update the modem driver.
> The Lucent driver update from Windows update is from
> Agere, but the update is not listed. why would Windows
> Update suppest an unapproved driver update?
>
> Also, I don't like XP fax.
>
> >-----Original Message-----
> >The best advice is to attempt to use XP Fax only if you
> have a modem that is
> >listed on the Windows XP Hardware Compatibility List and
> using the latest
> >drivers.
> >--
> >Russ Valentine
> >[MVP-Outlook]
> >
> >"Bill Burndrett" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message
> >news:278bb01c4638e$f2ac9900$a401280a@phx.gbl...
> >> For four years I had no problem with using my Winfax
> >> Prosoftware to send and receive faxes on the same phone
> >> line with DSL. I recently purchased a new computer
> with
> >> Windows XP. I immediately started having problems
> >> receiving faxes. I bought a new fax filter, tried to
> use
> >> Windows Fax, upgraded to a better modem, and still no
> >> solution. I deleted the Winfax and re-installed it
> after
> >> re-installing the Lucent winmodem. That worked for a
> >> while, then the problem started again.
> >> Also,
> >> I received a Window update notice about the updating
> the
> >> Lucent modem driver to an Agere modem driver. Hoping
> >> this would be the solution, I downloaded the update,
> but
> >> get the message that this driver has not passed
> windows
> >> logo testing to verify compatibility with windows XP.
> >>
> >> Please help.
> >
> >
> >.
> >
Anonymous
July 8, 2004 2:27:20 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Not yet,but I try hard to avoid all modems! My Tablet has one, but it's
never been used.
--
Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
www.coribright.com

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
news:o k8CQTJZEHA.3128@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Well, I guess you're not missing anything after all, then.
> I have yet to see a winmodem that works with XP Fax. Maybe someone else
> has.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
Anonymous
August 16, 2004 9:02:48 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
> *Well, I guess you're not missing anything after all, then.
> I have yet to see a winmodem that works with XP Fax. Maybe someone
> else has.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:2810d01c46481$68871ae0$a601280a@phx.gbl...[vbcol=seagreen]
> > Russ, the Lucent winmodem came with the computer. It was
> > listed on the Windows XP Hardware Compatibility List.
> > Windows update invited me to update the modem driver.
> > The Lucent driver update from Windows update is from
> > Agere, but the update is not listed. why would Windows
> > Update suppest an unapproved driver update?
> >
> > Also, I don't like XP fax.
> >
> > have a modem that is
> > using the latest
> > wrote in message
> > with
> > use
> > after
> > the
> > but
> > windows *



--
sama
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted via http://www.mcse.ms
------------------------------------------------------------------------
View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message835821.html
Anonymous
August 19, 2004 10:12:07 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

My Lucent Winmodem works with no problems with my XP fax. Guess I'm
lucky...


"sama" <sama.1b3w07@mail.mcse.ms> wrote in message
news:sama.1b3w07@mail.mcse.ms...
>
> Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
> > *Well, I guess you're not missing anything after all, then.
> > I have yet to see a winmodem that works with XP Fax. Maybe someone
> > else has.
> > --
> > Russ Valentine
> > [MVP-Outlook]
> > <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:2810d01c46481$68871ae0$a601280a@phx.gbl...[vbcol=seagreen]
> > > Russ, the Lucent winmodem came with the computer. It was
> > > listed on the Windows XP Hardware Compatibility List.
> > > Windows update invited me to update the modem driver.
> > > The Lucent driver update from Windows update is from
> > > Agere, but the update is not listed. why would Windows
> > > Update suppest an unapproved driver update?
> > >
> > > Also, I don't like XP fax.
> > >
> > > have a modem that is
> > > using the latest
> > > wrote in message
> > > with
> > > use
> > > after
> > > the
> > > but
> > > windows *
>
>
>
> --
> sama
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Posted via http://www.mcse.ms
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message835821.html
>
!