shared printing in xp to win 98/me clients

I have a shared brother 1850 usb printer connected via
usb to a win xp home computer. clients are running win98
or me. sometimes they can see the printer, sometimes
not. when they see it, printing comes out incomplete.
any pointers?

You have corrupted drivers,but whether they're on the 98/Me PCs or the XP
PC, I can't tell. Start by uninstalling from the 98/Me PCs, then uninstall
from the XP PC...

Reinstall on the XP PC first and only start reinstalling on the others when
you know the XP PC is printing fine.

http://www.coribright.com/Windows/Article%20Six.htm
www.coribright.com

"rcordero" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a shared brother 1850 usb printer connected via
> usb to a win xp home computer. clients are running win98
> or me. sometimes they can see the printer, sometimes
> not. when they see it, printing comes out incomplete.
> any pointers?

thanks a lot!

one of the clients is a xp professional laptop, and
prints just fine, so the server should be all right.

will reinstall the drivers on the 98/Me clients.

regards

Hardware)