Unable to browse n/w & connect to shared printer

I'm running XP Pro as my main PC & am setting up an XP
Home PC for my kids. I have been running a printer
directly connected off the Pro box with no problems. I
have enabled sharing of the printer & can browse it from
the pro PC.

When I try & browse the Pro box from the Home PC, I get a
permissioning error. When I go into printer properties,
no permissions tab appears! I can only set printer
properties & the share name - not who can access the
share.

I am unable to browse any other share on the pro box from
the home pc!

Any help greatly appreciated.
Crozdog
1 answer Last reply
More about unable browse connect shared printer

    See Steve Winograd's article at:
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp/filesharing.htm
    www.coribright.com

    "Crozdog" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm running XP Pro as my main PC & am setting up an XP
    > Home PC for my kids. I have been running a printer
    > directly connected off the Pro box with no problems. I
    > have enabled sharing of the printer & can browse it from
    > the pro PC.
    >
    > When I try & browse the Pro box from the Home PC, I get a
    > permissioning error. When I go into printer properties,
    > no permissions tab appears! I can only set printer
    > properties & the share name - not who can access the
    > share.
    >
    > I am unable to browse any other share on the pro box from
    > the home pc!
    >
    > Any help greatly appreciated.
    > Crozdog

Connection Printers Shared Printer Windows XP