Office Apps not calling default viewer

[Moving this message from the General Discussion group]

My problem is on a hyperlink (pointing to a .jpg image file) within Excel. Upon clicking that hyperlink, Excel calls Microsoft Photo Editor, regardless of whatever my default image handler is at the OS level. I would like Excel to call Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. Is there any way to change this? Thanks

Function: HYPERLINK(C:\path\picture.jpg)
App: Excel 2003
OS: Win XP
2 answers Last reply
More about office apps calling default viewer

    Thanks anyway, but my default image handler is already selected as Windows Picture and and Fax viewer at the OS level. Office ignores this.

    "Steve Vidito" wrote:

    > [Moving this message from the General Discussion group]
    >
    > My problem is on a hyperlink (pointing to a .jpg image file) within Excel. Upon clicking that hyperlink, Excel calls Microsoft Photo Editor, regardless of whatever my default image handler is at the OS level. I would like Excel to call Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. Is there any way to change this? Thanks
    >
    > Function: HYPERLINK(C:\path\picture.jpg)
    > App: Excel 2003
    > OS: Win XP

    Go to Explorer, click on tools->folder options. Go to "File Types" tab.
    Select JFIF or JPEG Image, In the details section, check the "opens with".
    If you want to change, click on "Change".

    Thanks,
    Anand

    --
    Ananda Sarkar

    purposes only.

    "Steve Vidito" <SteveVidito@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > [Moving this message from the General Discussion group]
    >
    > My problem is on a hyperlink (pointing to a .jpg image file) within Excel.
    Upon clicking that hyperlink, Excel calls Microsoft Photo Editor, regardless
    of whatever my default image handler is at the OS level. I would like Excel
    to call Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. Is there any way to change this?
    Thanks

    > Function: HYPERLINK(C:\path\picture.jpg)
    > App: Excel 2003
    > OS: Win XP

Default Excel Microsoft Windows XP