Office Apps not calling default viewer

July 8, 2004 3:33:02 AM

[Moving this message from the General Discussion group]

My problem is on a hyperlink (pointing to a .jpg image file) within Excel. Upon clicking that hyperlink, Excel calls Microsoft Photo Editor, regardless of whatever my default image handler is at the OS level. I would like Excel to call Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. Is there any way to change this? Thanks

Function: HYPERLINK(C:\path\picture.jpg)
App: Excel 2003
OS: Win XP
Anonymous
July 15, 2004 10:29:01 AM

Thanks anyway, but my default image handler is already selected as Windows Picture and and Fax viewer at the OS level. Office ignores this.

"Steve Vidito" wrote:

> [Moving this message from the General Discussion group]
>
> My problem is on a hyperlink (pointing to a .jpg image file) within Excel. Upon clicking that hyperlink, Excel calls Microsoft Photo Editor, regardless of whatever my default image handler is at the OS level. I would like Excel to call Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. Is there any way to change this? Thanks
>
> Function: HYPERLINK(C:\path\picture.jpg)
> App: Excel 2003
> OS: Win XP

Anonymous
July 15, 2004 6:18:07 PM

Go to Explorer, click on tools->folder options. Go to "File Types" tab.
Select JFIF or JPEG Image, In the details section, check the "opens with".
If you want to change, click on "Change".

Thanks,
Anand

--
Ananda Sarkar