  • Verizon
  • Internet Service Providers
Last response: in Network Providers
February 19, 2005 7:15:19 PM

I just bought a new Audiovox VX6600. Great Phone, except very low ringer
volume. Audiovox says that it is working on a "fix" but I am not holding my
breath. I found a work around. Any suggestions where I can find wave files
on the internet. I want a "normal - dull" ringtone and not some of the
outlandish ringtones that are out there. Most importantly, it must be loud.

I found a train whistle wave which was really loud but that really is not
the right thing for a business meeting.

Thanks for your help.

Bruce D. Brown

More about : ringtones

Anonymous
February 19, 2005 7:32:48 PM

"Bruce D. Brown" <bdbrown@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
>I just bought new Audiovox VX6600. Great Phone, except very low ringer
>volume. Audiovox says that it is working on a "fix" but I am not holding my
>breath. I found a work around. Any suggestions where I can find wave
>files on the internet. I want a "normal - dull" ringtone and not some of
>the outlandish ringtones that are out there. Most importantly, it must be
>loud.
>
> I found a train whistle wave which was really loud but that really is not
> the right thing for a business meeting.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Bruce D. Brown

The etiquette for business meetings (or most any public place) is to set
your phone to vibrate. A ringy dingy in the board room would be regarded
like a loud fart.

As Captain Kirk used to say, set your phasers to stun, men...

Ike
Anonymous
February 19, 2005 9:22:00 PM

You're right about that. Anyone have any really wave or midi files that I
could use?? Electronic Ringer (conservative) sound (loud).

Bruce

"Ira Hayes" <indianNOSPAM@XXXhotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Bruce D. Brown" <bdbrown@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
>>I just bought new Audiovox VX6600. Great Phone, except very low ringer
>>volume. Audiovox says that it is working on a "fix" but I am not holding
>>my breath. I found a work around. Any suggestions where I can find wave
>>files on the internet. I want a "normal - dull" ringtone and not some of
>>the outlandish ringtones that are out there. Most importantly, it must be
>>loud.
>>
>> I found a train whistle wave which was really loud but that really is not
>> the right thing for a business meeting.
>>
>> Thanks for your help.
>>
>> Bruce D. Brown
>
> The etiquette for business meetings (or most any public place) is to set
> your phone to vibrate. A ringy dingy in the board room would be regarded
> like a loud fart.
>
> As Captain Kirk used to say, set your phasers to stun, men...
>
> Ike

Anonymous
March 7, 2005 6:13:21 AM

I have a fix... I simply amplified the original ringer file... you can
download the file from kazaa "ringer_660x.zip" or contact me to get the zip
file

March 12, 2005 1:12:19 PM

i was just wondering if it will work on an audiovox8910 cell phone if it
willplease give me some info thanx!!

--
trry
March 15, 2005 2:55:57 AM

Tim, I would certainly be interested in your ringer fix. Like everyonelse
I just can not hear the ringer on this phone. Other then that I thing the
phone has some great potential. Anyone who has come up with a fix please
help me 'cause my boys did all of the high tech stuff and they are both off
to college so I'm sitting hear not sure how to go about fixing the problem.
Thanks, Bob.

March 15, 2005 4:13:36 AM

I just bought the VX6600 today and can also barely hear the ringer.

If anyone has good suggestions for downloadable ringtones for this
phone I would greatly appreciate it.

--
wideawakeinsandiego
March 15, 2005 4:02:13 PM

does any one know any free phone midi sites i have a few, but dnt sound
good can any one help me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

--
jd1985
April 2, 2005 7:40:25 PM

PLEASE HOW CAN I GET RINGTONES ,,I LIVE IN SANTIAGO, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC AND
MY PHNE IS SCP-5300 SANYO BY SPRINT AND MY SERVICE IS BY VERIZON bYE AND
THANKS

"David R. Goyer" <davgo@comcast.net> escribió en el mensaje

> --
> All email is scanned and deemed virus free by Norton Anti-Virus 2003.
> "Bruce D. Brown" <bdbrown@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
> >I just bought a new Audiovox VX6600. Great Phone, except very low ringer
> > volume. Audiovox says that it is working on a "fix" but I am not holding
> > my
> > breath. I found a work around. Any suggestions where I can find wave
> > files
> > on the internet. I want a "normal - dull" ringtone and not some of the
> > outlandish ringtones that are out there. Most importantly, it must be
> > loud.
> >
> > I found a train whistle wave which was really loud but that really is
not
> > the right thing for a business meeting.
> >
> > Thanks for your help.
> >
> > Bruce D. Brown