Athlon speed ? Help *DELETED*

74merc

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I'd go with the BIOS, Sandra has never been that accurate...

----------------------
Independant thought is good.
It won't hurt for long.

killall

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
its not unusual to get into the low 50s if you overclock (or have a very bad heat sink and fan) but apparently for every 10 degrees you raise your cpu temperature rises it loses half its life if constantly on (eg 35 degrees 16 years... 45 degrees 8 years... 55 degrees 4 years and so on) but those are not the numbers and im not quite sure about how long an athlon would live for in the first place... or any of the newer chips as they havent been around for long enough to see have the... id believe the bios if i were you then you can complain to your motherboard manufacturer if something goes wrong as your warranty from amd is already void as you overclock but anyway... good luck...

you do not strengthen the weak by weakening the strong

G

Yep, thanks for your replies so far!
Yes I agree about going with the bios readings.

Interesting to hear about temperatures decreasing the life of the components too, but in 4 -8 years what I have will be seriously out of date going on what I hear in Toms reviews.
No point tempting fate though......

I am not a serious gamer, more into photo/video editing and office applications.
How good is the Asus 32M 7100 Gforce 2MX tv out ?

If I wasn't there It could not have been me, and if it wasn't me, I couldn't have done it!