Your question

Cheap OVERCLOCK ABLE motherboard

Last response: in Overclocking
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
June 14, 2001 2:06:47 AM

anyone know of a cheap/inexpensive motherboard that still allows overclocking? (ie. lets you change the FSB and the multiplier)..

I am planning on building an el-cheapo Duron system and a 700 is 45 dollars cheaper than a 900. I really don't care if I get a 900 out of it, I just want to overclock it...

Right now the best deal I have on a motherboard is 70 dollars after shipping... it has 5pci, etc...

so any help would be grand.. thanks..

~dxkj~

PS Also, if you know of any other cheap reliable motherboards, let me know. (I know, cheap and reliable arent often useable in the same sentence)

Old addage: "Users never prosper" :o ) Long live the tweakers
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
June 14, 2001 4:21:05 AM

Whats your price limit?

<font color=blue>Your Mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take effect. Restart Now? [OK]</font color=blue>
June 14, 2001 4:33:12 AM

Yes, the Abit KT7E allows both Multiplier and Voltage adjustment in BIOS. The streetprice is $88 USD. This mobo is only certified for 100mhz FSB operation but reviewers have overclocked them in excess of 140mhz. The board is basically a KT7 with a newer more reliable chipset, KT133E.

Read about it <A HREF="http://www.abit-usa.com/english/product/motherboards/kt..." target="_new">here</A>

Read a review at [H]ard|OCP <A HREF="http://www.hardocp.com/reviews/mainboards/abit/kt7e/" target="_new">here</A>
Related resources
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
June 14, 2001 3:51:40 PM

Price? Like I said, what is the cheapest overclockable motherboard you know of? so far the lowest suggested is 88 plus shipping....

the 100mhz certified isnt a big deal, I will probably buy cheap ass PC133 cl3 and clock it lower than 133 at CL2...

These are just systems I'm selling, on which mainly internet work and Word processing will be done. I'm only overclocking them to make them more appealing, and because I'm getting nice fans with them anyhoo..

Old addage: "Users never prosper" :o ) Long live the tweakers
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
June 16, 2001 10:46:01 PM

Epox 8KTA3 is $87 w/o shipping.
Overclocking is very good and easy and is a decent overall performer.

<font color=blue>Your Mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take effect. Restart Now? [OK]</font color=blue>
!