Spoolsv.exe takes up 98% of CPU

I installed an Epson printer locally through a Usb port
to Win XP Pro on my computer. I had no problem printing
locally at that time. I then shared my printer and
instaled the printer on my other computers so that i
could print throught my network.

Now every time I start up my computer the spoolsv.exe
takes over and the computer becomes very slow. I have
sinced uninstalled my printer but I still get the same
problem. (Note: I also did an update of Windows XP around
the same time)

Does any know what the problem could be?
1 answer Last reply
More about spoolsv takes

    Check for updated drivers at the Epson website, if they are newer, uninstall
    and reinstall the printer.
    www.coribright.com

    "Andy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I installed an Epson printer locally through a Usb port
    > to Win XP Pro on my computer. I had no problem printing
    > locally at that time. I then shared my printer and
    > instaled the printer on my other computers so that i
    > could print throught my network.
    >
    > Now every time I start up my computer the spoolsv.exe
    > takes over and the computer becomes very slow. I have
    > sinced uninstalled my printer but I still get the same
    > problem. (Note: I also did an update of Windows XP around
    > the same time)
    >
    > Does any know what the problem could be?

Computers Printers Windows XP