Tbird850 up to 1010

G

Okay, well these are my results so far.. I played with this bird a few months ago when I got it, but just recently I re-did my pencil trick and have been pushing it

VCORE= 1.80
I/O VOLTAGE= 3.6 (yes, it does matter)
Multi=6.5
FSB=150
CL=2

I have it up to 975mhz this way... the only way I can truly break the ghz marker with this machine is using 100mhz fsb..

anyone have any suggestions on pushing it farther or tweaking it?I am using an ABIT bios and have played with settings a bit. but I could use pointers..

my RAM Is PC133 CL2 Crucial... this nifty ram is letting me get up to 155 CL2 (the motherboards limit) but it works out much better with the multiplier settings for mhz and fsb speed to leave it at 150x6.5

Old addage: "Users never prosper" :eek:) Long live the tweakers

G

I had my Tbird 850 at 1.05Ghz (105x10) stable. The VCore was at 1.90V.... yea i know i 'fried' it, now its only good up to 1.01Ghz...... urg...

Yes, I'm the BOY who got Win98 to load in under 10 sec... ah....

G

ok, i lied, kinda... after recient testing, i got it to hold 1.05Ghz (100x10.5) and like it. The VCore was 1.85V It was stable

In the process I got my RAM to show speeds i didnt know possible. Sandra2001TE showesd it at 712Mb/s in the MMX and 650Mb/s in Float. the Ram wasnt to stable, but Geez! i didnt know that SDRAM could do that!

DRAM Timing ->Turbo
Cycle Length ->2
RAM Mhz ->137Hmz

all the 4 way paging and 4k crap was on too..... hella fast if you ask me!

G

Hows your 5V? That is important. You can do a voltage mod on your mobo to run your cpu higher than 1.85 volts.

G

ah..... thats the thing..... on the BIOS, it says 1.75V while the windows Via Hardware monitor says its at 1.85V... i think its lieing...... so i think i can run higher VCore than the 1.75V the BIOS says

G

whats the mod?...............

G

Some mobo's add more. For instance, my Iwill KK266 is set to 1.85 in bios but in it's own PC health monitor it reports 1.91, via hardware reports 1.91 as well. Tmw I will be doing to the volt mod and seeing if I can't get my cpu to go higher.

G

yea........ whats the melting point of a T-Bird again...... 2200C? But im still interested in the mod....... doo tell.

G

I wouldn't feel good about having a cpu running at 50c even though amd says they can operate up to 70c or something which is complete bull as most start crapping out at 60c.

See here for the 'stability' mod for motherboards, does work for other boards and not just the iwill. Before I did this I'd get a 5v idle of 4.88 and under load I'd get 4.7 and my cpu would start crapping out (programs erroring, games restarting, system restarting without warning). Now I idle dead on 5v and on load I get 4.91. Now system is 0 stable :)

Next, and what I am doing tmw,
http://www.athlonoc.com/voltagemod1.php
This has many popular mobo's in the guide, if yours is not then you can just find the voltage regulator on your mobo and see if it is in the guide.