Fax wizard send two faxes to the same recipient

After I select the clients I want to send faxes to, the Fax Wizzard uses two
recipients name for the same "company", one for the fax number and another
one for the e-mail ???, both send the fax to the same number...

Any clues?
11 answers Last reply
More about wizard send faxes recipient

    Specify the source for your recipients and the precise steps by which you
    are sending the fax.
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "Portilha" <portilha@iol.pt> wrote in message
    > After I select the clients I want to send faxes to, the Fax Wizzard uses
    two
    > recipients name for the same "company", one for the fax number and another
    > one for the e-mail ???, both send the fax to the same number...
    >
    > Any clues?

    The contact list I am using is in the Public folders and I use it as an
    Outlook contact list.

    The contact in question has a valid fax number and an valid e-mail filled
    in.

    Using the fax wizard I try to send a new fax, choose the contact (Outlook
    address book-> contact list) through the address book button and I have two
    recipient names for the same contact. One for the e-mail and one for the
    fax.

    My problem is that if I want to send a fax to everybody on that list I will
    send two faxes instead of one.

    I read something about this in
    http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/PrintingFAQ.HTM#_Toc71281765

    but it doesn't solve the problem, it only hides it.

    "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> escreveu na mensagem
    > Specify the source for your recipients and the precise steps by which you
    > are sending the fax.
    > --
    > Russ Valentine
    > [MVP-Outlook]
    > "Portilha" <portilha@iol.pt> wrote in message
    > > After I select the clients I want to send faxes to, the Fax Wizzard uses
    > two
    > > recipients name for the same "company", one for the fax number and
    another
    > > one for the e-mail ???, both send the fax to the same number...
    > >
    > > Any clues?

    You omitted the most important part.
    How are you selecting the recipient? The fact that each Contact shows both
    an email and a fax address is normal. Select only the fax address.
    --
    > The contact list I am using is in the Public folders and I use it as an
    > Outlook contact list.
    >

    > The contact in question has a valid fax number and an valid e-mail filled
    > in.
    >

    > Using the fax wizard I try to send a new fax, choose the contact (Outlook
    > address book-> contact list) through the address book button and I have
    two
    > recipient names for the same contact. One for the e-mail and one for the
    > fax.
    >

    > My problem is that if I want to send a fax to everybody on that list I
    will
    > send two faxes instead of one.
    >
    > I read something about this in
    > http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/PrintingFAQ.HTM#_Toc71281765
    >
    > but it doesn't solve the problem, it only hides it.
    >
    > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> escreveu na mensagem
    > > Specify the source for your recipients and the precise steps by which
    you
    > > are sending the fax.
    > > --
    > > Russ Valentine
    > > [MVP-Outlook]
    > > "Portilha" <portilha@iol.pt> wrote in message
    > > > After I select the clients I want to send faxes to, the Fax Wizzard
    uses
    > > two
    > > > recipients name for the same "company", one for the fax number and
    > another
    > > > one for the e-mail ???, both send the fax to the same number...
    > > >
    > > > Any clues?

    That's easy to say when you have around 20 contacts or so. Imagine that you
    have 900 contacts on your list and you want to send a fax to every one of
    them. How are you going to select the 450 fax recipients? Manually? (You
    must be kidding. right!?)

    Another question is: Why does the e-mail recipient shows up if you want to
    send explicitly a fax?

    I tried to use outlook ("e-mail fax transportation") instead but the
    "problem" remained.. Instead of showing only the e-mail recipient it shows
    also the fax.

    Do you know any solution for this without hiding the e-mail or the fax
    number on the contact data?

    Thanks

    > You omitted the most important part.
    > How are you selecting the recipient? The fact that each Contact shows both
    > an email and a fax address is normal. Select only the fax address.
    > --
    > Russ Valentine
    > [MVP-Outlook]
    > "Portilha" <portilha@iol.pt> wrote in message
    > > The contact list I am using is in the Public folders and I use it as an
    > > Outlook contact list.
    > >

    > > The contact in question has a valid fax number and an valid e-mail
    filled
    > > in.
    > >

    > > Using the fax wizard I try to send a new fax, choose the contact
    (Outlook
    > > address book-> contact list) through the address book button and I have
    > two
    > > recipient names for the same contact. One for the e-mail and one for the
    > > fax.
    > >

    > > My problem is that if I want to send a fax to everybody on that list I
    > will
    > > send two faxes instead of one.
    > >
    > > I read something about this in
    > > http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/PrintingFAQ.HTM#_Toc71281765
    > >
    > > but it doesn't solve the problem, it only hides it.
    > >
    > > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> escreveu na mensagem
    > > > Specify the source for your recipients and the precise steps by which
    > you
    > > > are sending the fax.
    > > > --
    > > > Russ Valentine
    > > > [MVP-Outlook]
    > > > "Portilha" <portilha@iol.pt> wrote in message
    > uses
    > > > two
    > > another

    Windows XP Fax and Outlook were not designed for broadcast faxing. You
    should use third party software for that. The only other alternative is to
    create a separate Contact Folder for fax recipients.
    --
    > That's easy to say when you have around 20 contacts or so. Imagine that
    you
    > have 900 contacts on your list and you want to send a fax to every one of
    > them. How are you going to select the 450 fax recipients? Manually? (You
    > must be kidding. right!?)
    >

    > Another question is: Why does the e-mail recipient shows up if you want to
    > send explicitly a fax?
    >

    > I tried to use outlook ("e-mail fax transportation") instead but the
    > "problem" remained.. Instead of showing only the e-mail recipient it shows
    > also the fax.
    >

    > Do you know any solution for this without hiding the e-mail or the fax
    > number on the contact data?
    >

    > Thanks
    >
    > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> escreveu na mensagem
    > > You omitted the most important part.
    > > How are you selecting the recipient? The fact that each Contact shows
    both
    > > an email and a fax address is normal. Select only the fax address.
    > > --
    > > Russ Valentine
    > > [MVP-Outlook]
    > > "Portilha" <portilha@iol.pt> wrote in message
    > > > The contact list I am using is in the Public folders and I use it as
    an
    > > > Outlook contact list.
    > > >

    > > > The contact in question has a valid fax number and an valid e-mail
    > filled
    > > > in.
    > > >

    > > > Using the fax wizard I try to send a new fax, choose the contact
    > (Outlook
    > > > address book-> contact list) through the address book button and I
    have
    > > two
    > > > recipient names for the same contact. One for the e-mail and one for
    the
    > > > fax.
    > > >

    > > > My problem is that if I want to send a fax to everybody on that list I
    > > will
    > > > send two faxes instead of one.
    > > >
    > > > I read something about this in
    > > > http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/PrintingFAQ.HTM#_Toc71281765
    > > >
    > > > but it doesn't solve the problem, it only hides it.
    > > >
    > > > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> escreveu na mensagem
    > > you
    Wizzard
    > > uses
    > > > another

    It seems so simple.. Only if we could arrange the recipients in wizard...
    or even more, if the program fax or e-mail choosed the right recipient.. .

    Ok, maybe some time from now they will think about it.
    In the meanwhile thank you for your time.

    > Windows XP Fax and Outlook were not designed for broadcast faxing. You
    > should use third party software for that. The only other alternative is to
    > create a separate Contact Folder for fax recipients.
    > --
    > Russ Valentine
    > [MVP-Outlook]
    > "Portilha" <portilha@iol.pt> wrote in message
    > > That's easy to say when you have around 20 contacts or so. Imagine that
    > you
    > > have 900 contacts on your list and you want to send a fax to every one
    of
    > > them. How are you going to select the 450 fax recipients? Manually? (You
    > > must be kidding. right!?)
    > >

    > > Another question is: Why does the e-mail recipient shows up if you want
    > > send explicitly a fax?
    > >

    > > I tried to use outlook ("e-mail fax transportation") instead but the
    > > "problem" remained.. Instead of showing only the e-mail recipient it
    shows
    > > also the fax.
    > >

    > > Do you know any solution for this without hiding the e-mail or the fax
    > > number on the contact data?
    > >

    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> escreveu na mensagem
    > > > You omitted the most important part.
    > > > How are you selecting the recipient? The fact that each Contact shows
    > both
    > > > an email and a fax address is normal. Select only the fax address.
    > > > --
    > > > Russ Valentine
    > > > [MVP-Outlook]
    > > > "Portilha" <portilha@iol.pt> wrote in message
    > an

    > > filled

    > > (Outlook
    > have
    > > > two
    > the

    > > > will

    > which
    > > > you
    > Wizzard
    > > > uses

    You should be able to arrange recipients in the address book the Fax Wizard
    uses. Are you using Outlook?
    --
    > It seems so simple.. Only if we could arrange the recipients in wizard...
    > or even more, if the program fax or e-mail choosed the right recipient.. .
    >
    > Ok, maybe some time from now they will think about it.
    > In the meanwhile thank you for your time.
    >
    > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> escreveu na mensagem
    > > Windows XP Fax and Outlook were not designed for broadcast faxing. You
    > > should use third party software for that. The only other alternative is
    > > create a separate Contact Folder for fax recipients.
    > > --
    > > Russ Valentine
    > > [MVP-Outlook]
    > > "Portilha" <portilha@iol.pt> wrote in message
    > > > That's easy to say when you have around 20 contacts or so. Imagine
    that
    > > you
    > > > have 900 contacts on your list and you want to send a fax to every one
    > of
    > > > them. How are you going to select the 450 fax recipients? Manually?
    (You
    > > > must be kidding. right!?)
    > > >

    > > > Another question is: Why does the e-mail recipient shows up if you
    want
    > > > send explicitly a fax?
    > > >

    > > > I tried to use outlook ("e-mail fax transportation") instead but the
    > > > "problem" remained.. Instead of showing only the e-mail recipient it
    > shows
    > > > also the fax.
    > > >

    > > > Do you know any solution for this without hiding the e-mail or the fax
    > > > number on the contact data?
    > > >

    > > > Thanks
    > > >
    > > > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> escreveu na mensagem
    > > both
    > > an

    > > > filled

    > > > (Outlook
    > > have
    > > the

    > mensagem
    > > which
    > > Wizzard
    > and

  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    (Arrange = sort the recipients by name, type of mail, etc. right ?)

    I am using Windows Fax Wizard. I tried to use Outlook but the result was the
    same. After choosing "Fax transportation account" I pressed "To:" and a
    window
    very similar to the fax wizard appeared. The result was the same. I could
    not order the recipients by type of mail (SMTP or FAX).
    Which makes it very dificult to select only the types of mails we want to
    use
    so that we wont send the fax twice.

    Portilha

    > You should be able to arrange recipients in the address book the Fax
    Wizard
    > uses. Are you using Outlook?
    > --
    > Russ Valentine
    > [MVP-Outlook]
    > "Portilha" <portilha@iol.pt> wrote in message
    > > It seems so simple.. Only if we could arrange the recipients in
    wizard...
    > > or even more, if the program fax or e-mail choosed the right recipient..
    ..

    > > Ok, maybe some time from now they will think about it.
    > > In the meanwhile thank you for your time.
    > >
    > > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> escreveu na mensagem
    > > > Windows XP Fax and Outlook were not designed for broadcast faxing. You
    > > > should use third party software for that. The only other alternative
    is
    > > > create a separate Contact Folder for fax recipients.
    > > > --
    > > > Russ Valentine
    > > > [MVP-Outlook]
    > > > "Portilha" <portilha@iol.pt> wrote in message
    > that
    > > > you
    > > of
    > (You

    > want

    > > shows

    > shows
    > > > both
    > as
    > > > an

    > > > have
    > for
    > > > the

    > list

    > > mensagem
    > > > which
    > > > Wizzard
    > > and
    > number...

  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    Create a separate Contacts Folder for Fax recipients and show that folder in
    the Outlook Address Book.
    --

    > (Arrange = sort the recipients by name, type of mail, etc. right ?)
    >
    > I am using Windows Fax Wizard. I tried to use Outlook but the result was
    the
    > same. After choosing "Fax transportation account" I pressed "To:" and a
    > window
    > very similar to the fax wizard appeared. The result was the same. I could
    > not order the recipients by type of mail (SMTP or FAX).
    > Which makes it very dificult to select only the types of mails we want to
    > use
    > so that we wont send the fax twice.
    >
    > Portilha
    >
    > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> escreveu na mensagem
    > > You should be able to arrange recipients in the address book the Fax
    > Wizard
    > > uses. Are you using Outlook?
    > > --
    > > Russ Valentine
    > > [MVP-Outlook]
    > > "Portilha" <portilha@iol.pt> wrote in message
    > > > It seems so simple.. Only if we could arrange the recipients in
    > wizard...
    > > > or even more, if the program fax or e-mail choosed the right
    recipient..
    > .
    > > >
    > > > Ok, maybe some time from now they will think about it.
    > > > In the meanwhile thank you for your time.
    > > >
    > > > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> escreveu na mensagem
    You
    > is
    > > that
    > one
    > > > of
    Manually?
    > > (You

    > > want

    > > > shows

    > fax

    > mensagem
    > > shows
    > it
    > > as

    > e-mail

    > > for

    > > list

    > > > mensagem
    > by
    Fax
    > number
    > > > and
    > > number...

  10. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    That's not very practical because the instead of maintaining a single
    contact list you have two.

    Well at least it works.

    Thanks.

    Portilha

    > Create a separate Contacts Folder for Fax recipients and show that folder
    in
    > the Outlook Address Book.
    > --
    > Russ Valentine
    > [MVP-Outlook]
    > "Portilha" <portilha@iol.pt> wrote in message
    > >
    > > (Arrange = sort the recipients by name, type of mail, etc. right ?)
    > >
    > > I am using Windows Fax Wizard. I tried to use Outlook but the result was
    > the
    > > same. After choosing "Fax transportation account" I pressed "To:" and a
    > > window
    > > very similar to the fax wizard appeared. The result was the same. I
    could
    > > not order the recipients by type of mail (SMTP or FAX).
    > > Which makes it very dificult to select only the types of mails we want
    > > use
    > > so that we wont send the fax twice.
    > >
    > > Portilha
    > >
    > > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> escreveu na mensagem
    > > > You should be able to arrange recipients in the address book the Fax
    > > Wizard
    > > > uses. Are you using Outlook?
    > > > --
    > > > Russ Valentine
    > > > [MVP-Outlook]
    > > > "Portilha" <portilha@iol.pt> wrote in message
    > > wizard...
    > recipient..
    > > .

    > You
    > > is
    Imagine
    > > > that
    > > one
    > Manually?
    > > > (You

    > > > want

    > the
    > it

    > > fax

    > > mensagem
    Contact
    > > > shows
    > address.
    > > it
    > > > as

    > > e-mail

    > contact
    > and
    > one
    > > > for

    > that
    > > > list

    > > by
    > Fax
    > > number
    > > > number...

  11. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    I warned you at the very beginning that Windows XP Fax was not designed or
    optimized for broadcast faxing.
    --
    > That's not very practical because the instead of maintaining a single
    > contact list you have two.
    >
    > Well at least it works.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Portilha
    >

    > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> escreveu na mensagem
    > > Create a separate Contacts Folder for Fax recipients and show that
    folder
    > in
    > > the Outlook Address Book.
    > > --
    > > Russ Valentine
    > > [MVP-Outlook]
    > > "Portilha" <portilha@iol.pt> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > (Arrange = sort the recipients by name, type of mail, etc. right ?)
    > > >
    > > > I am using Windows Fax Wizard. I tried to use Outlook but the result
    was
    > > the
    > > > same. After choosing "Fax transportation account" I pressed "To:" and
    > > > window
    > > > very similar to the fax wizard appeared. The result was the same. I
    > could
    > > > not order the recipients by type of mail (SMTP or FAX).
    > > > Which makes it very dificult to select only the types of mails we want
    > > > use
    > > > so that we wont send the fax twice.
    > > >
    > > > Portilha
    > > >
    > > > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> escreveu na mensagem