Audio/Video out of sync in game cutscenes.

bobrea

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
Hello everyone. I'm at my wits end here, so I'm hoping someone here cna help me solve my problem.

In just about every single game I play, the audio in my game cutscenes is out of sync. The sound lags behind the video. After the cutscene is over, and as I'm playing in-game, everything is fine. But it's almost every game I have is like this. I have updated video card drivers. So right now, since Diablo is the only game I have installed, it's happening. When I play the game, everything is perfectly fine. But when I try to watch one of the cutscenes, the audio lags way behind the video. I have tried with Vertical Sync both on and off, and it is the same both ways.

Here is what I'm running:

Intel i7 950 quad core
P6TD Deluxe MB
6GB DDR3 RAM
GTX 570 Superclocked HD
750W OCZ Power Supply
Windows installed on a 120GB SSD

I have tried using audio through onboard sound and a Rocketfish 5.1 sound card. I have recently done a clean install of Windows.

Thank you for any help in advance

Bob

bobrea

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
I forgot to mention that I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. And I'm not sure if it matters, but when I watch movies in VLC, everything is fine. I had the same problems when I had 2x HD5770's in Crossfire and a 550W psu. I was thinking that maybe I didnt have enough power, so I figured a new gpu, power supply, and a SSD would fix the problem, but it's still as present, and annoying as ever.

drkoolbeanz

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
I have the same issue as you also. Any help would be great! Everything runs fine in the game, but the audio is off sync in the cutscenes even if I change my video resolution and my audio quality. My system is not taxed by this game at all.

i7 920
gtx 260's sli
Windows 7 64
12 gigs Ram
Asus Rampage III Gene
onboard x-fi audio (which works fine with other applications even HD1080p video)

bobrea

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010

Turns out something was slightly overclocking my CPU. I put it back to normal and deleted the program that was doing it, something by asus, and everything is fine now. Good luck

drkoolbeanz

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012

Wow it worked! :love:

1st Try: Video cards/CPU back to stock clocks = Better but not perfect still
2nd Try: Video stock still, I entered the BIOS and turned off Intel® Turbo Boost Technology (simple option that allows Windows to ask for a multiplier of 21x instead of 20x when the computer feels tasked) = Finally after completely stock clocking everything I got the sync working right
3rd Try: Video Cards back to Overclocked speeds/ CPU stock without Turbo enabled = Perfect performance again

It saddens me that I not only have to run Diablo stock clocked for a perfect experience but that I actually had to turn off a DEFAULT ON option in my BIOS to make the cutscenes run correctly. In essence UNDERCLOCKING it from factory BIOS specifications. :fou: :non: