Bluetooth with Audiovox XV6600

Last response: in Network Providers
February 19, 2005 9:59:02 PM

I just bought the new Audiovox XV6600 and installed the new ROM upgrade
(software fix). I also bought a Motorola Bluetooth Earpiece from Verizon. It
works great when I have an incoming call but I can't get it to Voice Dial. I
know that some phones have this capability but can I dial out using Voice
Dial with my new phone.

Thanks for any help

Bruce D. Brown
Anonymous
February 24, 2005 10:07:20 PM

Hey Bruce...

I've had this phone since it was released and have the Motorola HS810
Bluetooth headset.

Microsoft Voice Command 1.5 does NOT support dialing out via Bluetooth
headsets yet...they may add this ability to a future release though.
<fingers crossed>

-Matt

Bruce D. Brown wrote:
> I just bought the new Audiovox XV6600 and installed the new ROM
upgrade
> (software fix). I also bought a Motorola Bluetooth Earpiece from
Verizon. It
> works great when I have an incoming call but I can't get it to Voice
Dial. I
> know that some phones have this capability but can I dial out using
Voice
> Dial with my new phone.
>
> Thanks for any help
>
> Bruce D. Brown
Anonymous
February 26, 2005 2:47:09 AM

Dren,

I bought this phone about a week ago and returned it several days later
because of the terrible volume both ringer volume and ear piece volume. I
went so far as to install the Audiovox "fix" that was on their web site but
in my opinion it did not raise the volume in the least. I talked to many
people at Verizon and also many people at Audiovox who admitted there was a
major problem with the volume. I was told to return the phone because it
would take a major rewrite to fix the volume problem. By the way, when
using the Motorola Bluetooth earpiece or for that matter when using the
wired earpiece that came with the phone, I found the volume to be low but
acceptable. If they can't fix the volume problem, I would really be
surprised if they will support dialing out. Dialing out is one of the major
features that I and most others want in a bluetooth phone.

Bruce

!