AXIA C or B?

G

Hey, I have a question. I just ordered my 1GHz AXIA chip. It is a 266 version. I know the 200 is supposed to be better for overclocking, but what should I expect to get from it? Should I just bump up the multiplier, or the FSB too?

G

"I know the 200 is supposed to be better for overclocking."

Where'd you get that from???

Anyway, I got a 1ghz AXIA 266FSB and able to overclock it to 1.4ghz really stable. (I know it could go higher, but Im using the STOCK HSF :smile: ).
You can overclock it either by the multiplier or the FSB or both. But increasing the FSB will give you the most performance.
My settings @ 1.4 are 147 x 9.5

<font color=blue>Your Mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take effect. Restart Now? [OK]</font color=blue>

yoda271828

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I got my 1Ghz AXIA Athlon-C to hit 1533Mhz by upping the voltage to 1.85V, but it ran too hot. I had to back it down to 1425Mhz (150Mhz x 9.5) at 1.75V to get the temp low enough.

As long as you unlock the multiplier it doesn't matter whether or not you have a 'B'(200Mhz) or 'C'(266Mhz) Athlon. Any AXIA will overclock very well.

G

Great thanks. I was going to use a graphite pencil to unlock it when it came. After all the sites I read about using a conductive pen, not one tells you how to get one!

With an ass like mine, who needs pants?

wapaaga

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2001
you kind find them at auto stores they are actually used to fix breaks in the deforsting elements in cars

like the one found o most rear windows

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
just use a #2 pencil. they last a lot longer that some people say and are VERY easy to put on. the best part is that if you mess up you can simply erase it. this route is best if this is your first Athlon overclocking attempt.

Also, what motherboards are you all using? or chipsets rather. Sounds like KT133a with an Asus A7V133, but I could be wrong.

eh, i'll procrastinate later...

G

Its the Abit KT7A (Non-Raid)

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
NO need to unlock the 1GHz/100 (200) AXIA (B), because you can get at least 1333 at 133 with the standard 10x multipler, and might get 1500 at 150 if everything goes well, using the same multiplier.

Cast not thine pearls before the swine

G

Mine is the C.. BTW, it comes on friday. I will let you all know if it sets up right. I ordered a new PSU because mine was only 250W also.

G

Exactly where do you see your chip labeled AXIA C or B etc? I happened to complete the installation of mine 1 ghz system and forgot about this detail, hate to disassemble it. However, I did unlocked the L1 bridge but still could not overclocked it more than 1.1 ghz before it acted out on me. My current setting is 110 FSB at 10X, once I tried to increase the FSB over 120 the system wouldn't passed the POST operation. Anyone has any advice I'd be appreciate it.
Thanks ahead.

G

It should read:

x1000xxxx<b><i>C</i></b>
AXIAxxxxxxxx

or

x1000xxxx<b><i>B</i></b>
AXIAxxxxxxxx

<font color=blue>Your Mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take effect. Restart Now? [OK]</font color=blue>