Graphics Issues - Need some help

Hi Folks,

Hope someone can help me. I have been having some issues with Diablo 3, as well as a few other games when I play them. ie DOW 2, ..

Basically, there is a bit of a hang then a speed up.. the best way to describe it, is when Im playing the game lags for a sec, then speeds up briefly.. Almost like a cassette tape skipping. I dont have any other graphics issues besides this, and I have noticed it happens with Flash Video sometimes as well.

I have updated my Graphics Card drivers, but Im at my wits end. Any suggestions would be great. my info is:

Windows 7 64bit
8.00 RAM
CPU 2.00Ghz
Gforce 540m
11 answers Last reply
More about graphics issues help
  1. Are the games online ? it could be a lag, ping thing going on.

Try turning down the game settings to see if it helps
  2. Thanks for the suggestion:

It happens on any game really, on or offline.
    I turn down the settings.. still happens, I put them to max.. still happens..
    its bizzare and infuriating.
  3. Also one other strange thing.. I checked my DxDiag.. under the display driver is listed intel Hd Graphics 3000, shouldnt it be the Gforce card?
  4. nappingzombie said:
    Also one other strange thing.. I checked my DxDiag.. under the display driver is listed intel Hd Graphics 3000, shouldnt it be the Gforce card?

Whats your system specs ?

maybe the CPU has a GPU ion it and thats whats its running off ?
  5. Sorry a bit new at this, which specs did you need?
  6. Specs:

Windows 7 64 Bit Laptop
    Proc:Intel Core i7-2630QM @2.00GHz
    Ram: 8.00GH
    Vid Card:Gforce GT 540m
  7. This is your CPU is has a built in GPU ( Read the Specs ) http://ark.intel.com/products/52219/Intel-Core-i7-2630QM-Processor-(6M-Cache-2_00-GHz)

What make and modle is your laptop ?

You might need to go into the bios settings and turn off the builted in GPU on the CPU
  8. Battalion 101 W150HRQ Gaming Laptop
  9. nappingzombie said:
    Battalion 101 W150HRQ Gaming Laptop

maybe this will help http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=222744
  10. Not sure what Im looking for.. I changed the setting so games only run using the Nvidia card.. but I still have that strange delay
  11. Could just be the cpu, 2.00ghz is a little on the slow side now.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Graphics Video Games