Sign in with
Your question

Battlefield 3 won't start.

Last response: in Video Games
May 25, 2012 3:46:16 AM

Hello, I have looked around on the net for a while and have tried some solutions (like repairing the installation) but when i try to run battlefield 3, it wont load at all. Origin says it is launching it but the game never come sup. I check system requirements lab and it says the only thing that failed is my CPU. Could that be whats preventing it from running completely?

Specs:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ 2.3 GHz (dual core)
4 gigabytes ram (gskill, ddr2)
Windows 7 (32 bit)
Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti (overclocked to 972 MHz, not much more than base, I know)

My budget is tight for now, cant afford any upgrades. Am I out of luck until I do grab some new parts or does anyone know of a fix?

Thanks!
~Dest

More about : battlefield start

May 25, 2012 4:08:07 AM

i might check the cpu yes, the required system specs (minimum) for the cpu is a Core 2 duo 2.4 GHz cpu, ram is fine, windows is and the gpu i think is alright still, have you ran the updates for origin AND battlefield??

Minimum Required Spec's - bf3blog.com/battlefield-3-system-requirements/
m
l
May 25, 2012 4:14:36 AM

Ye, I checked again today but still no dice.

AND yeah, my processor is almost literally one step below the requirement.
m
l
Related resources
May 26, 2012 7:32:55 PM

undyingdest said:
Hello, I have looked around on the net for a while and have tried some solutions (like repairing the installation) but when i try to run battlefield 3, it wont load at all. Origin says it is launching it but the game never come sup. I check system requirements lab and it says the only thing that failed is my CPU. Could that be whats preventing it from running completely?

Specs:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ 2.3 GHz (dual core)
4 gigabytes ram (gskill, ddr2)
Windows 7 (32 bit)
Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti (overclocked to 972 MHz, not much more than base, I know)

My budget is tight for now, cant afford any upgrades. Am I out of luck until I do grab some new parts or does anyone know of a fix?

Thanks!
~Dest

It's possible. You could try overclocking the CPU, if that's something you'd be interesting in doing. You can download a program called "AMD overdrive" which will allow you to overclock to the required CPU frequency.
m
l
May 26, 2012 7:48:36 PM

you might want to kill the OC on the GPU.
m
l
May 26, 2012 8:42:40 PM

13thmonkey said:
you might want to kill the OC on the GPU.

The OC was actually a manufacturer default from EVGA. Not a big risk. it has a 5 year warranty on their work. Ill try the cpu overclock and post my results, i am truly hopeful.
m
l
May 26, 2012 10:16:18 PM

I'd still suggest removing the OC, i've heard of people's factory OC's not working with BF3 specifically.
m
l
January 18, 2013 3:00:29 PM

Had the same problem and tried to fix it for 2 days on a new PC build until I tried this and it worked right away.

Try deleting Virtu MVP at Control Panel > Programs and Features.
It automatically installed when I was installing all the drivers when I first built my computer. Now it works! :bounce: 

Just another tip that may save you hours of downloading BF3 over the internet. I saved my BF3 folder from my old PC (had initially thought this was the prob but after a fresh install and a whole day of downloading BF3 again it still didn't work) and just dropped it into my Origin folder (for me this was C:\ProgramFiles (x86)\Origin Games\) and started the update and it found my existing files.

Good luck from the Emerald Isle :-)
Paul.
m
l
!