Battlefield 3 won't start.

Hello, I have looked around on the net for a while and have tried some solutions (like repairing the installation) but when i try to run battlefield 3, it wont load at all. Origin says it is launching it but the game never come sup. I check system requirements lab and it says the only thing that failed is my CPU. Could that be whats preventing it from running completely?

Specs:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ 2.3 GHz (dual core)
4 gigabytes ram (gskill, ddr2)
Windows 7 (32 bit)
Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti (overclocked to 972 MHz, not much more than base, I know)

My budget is tight for now, cant afford any upgrades. Am I out of luck until I do grab some new parts or does anyone know of a fix?

Thanks!
~Dest
8 answers Last reply
More about battlefield start
  1. i might check the cpu yes, the required system specs (minimum) for the cpu is a Core 2 duo 2.4 GHz cpu, ram is fine, windows is and the gpu i think is alright still, have you ran the updates for origin AND battlefield??

Minimum Required Spec's - bf3blog.com/battlefield-3-system-requirements/
  2. Ye, I checked again today but still no dice.

AND yeah, my processor is almost literally one step below the requirement.
  3. undyingdest said:
    Hello, I have looked around on the net for a while and have tried some solutions (like repairing the installation) but when i try to run battlefield 3, it wont load at all. Origin says it is launching it but the game never come sup. I check system requirements lab and it says the only thing that failed is my CPU. Could that be whats preventing it from running completely?

Specs:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ 2.3 GHz (dual core)
    4 gigabytes ram (gskill, ddr2)
    Windows 7 (32 bit)
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti (overclocked to 972 MHz, not much more than base, I know)

My budget is tight for now, cant afford any upgrades. Am I out of luck until I do grab some new parts or does anyone know of a fix?

Thanks!
    ~Dest

It's possible. You could try overclocking the CPU, if that's something you'd be interesting in doing. You can download a program called "AMD overdrive" which will allow you to overclock to the required CPU frequency.
  4. you might want to kill the OC on the GPU.
  5. 13thmonkey said:
    you might want to kill the OC on the GPU.

The OC was actually a manufacturer default from EVGA. Not a big risk. it has a 5 year warranty on their work. Ill try the cpu overclock and post my results, i am truly hopeful.
  6. I'd still suggest removing the OC, i've heard of people's factory OC's not working with BF3 specifically.
  7. Had the same problem and tried to fix it for 2 days on a new PC build until I tried this and it worked right away.

Try deleting Virtu MVP at Control Panel > Programs and Features.
    It automatically installed when I was installing all the drivers when I first built my computer. Now it works! :bounce:

Just another tip that may save you hours of downloading BF3 over the internet. I saved my BF3 folder from my old PC (had initially thought this was the prob but after a fresh install and a whole day of downloading BF3 again it still didn't work) and just dropped it into my Origin folder (for me this was C:\ProgramFiles (x86)\Origin Games\) and started the update and it found my existing files.

Good luck from the Emerald Isle :-)
    Paul.
  8. Try this version https://download.dm.origin.com/origin/beta/8.6.1.39/OriginSetup.exe or

1.Close your browser after you've read the steps
    2.Click on the start button
    3.In the search bar type %temp%
    4.Press ENTER
    5.Press CTRL+A to highlight all the files/folders
    6.Press Delete
    7.Enjoy BF3
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Battlefield Video Games