receiveing a fax call vs voice call

XP fax software cannot distinguish a fax call from a
voice call. Can we only use the program in the manual
mode if we are expecting a fax and near the computer to
recieve the fax? Also can we only use the automatic mode
when we have a dedicated phone line? Is there anyway, any
patches to allow the software to distinguish a fax call
from a voice call to fully use the software?

Windows Fax doesn't support Distinctive Ringing. You are right in your
diagnosis. You can install an external switch to your phone line to
work-around this problem.

Thanks,
Anand

--