HP Officejet D155Xi -- Can't be Repaired

I purchases an HP Officejet D155Xi about 18 months ago and was happy
with the quality and performance of the device. Then, about two months
ago (shortly after the one-year warantee expired), the scanner/copier
stopped working. I called two separate HP repair houses. Both of them
confirmed the scanner-laser was kaput and needed to be replaced.
However, HP has a policy that all HP Officejet D155Xi must be repaired
in-house and the field repairmen were not allowed to do it. They
couldn't do it even if they wanted, because HP wouldn't sell them the
parts.

OK, I pack the thing up and send it to in-house repair (via the local
Radio Schack). Two weeks later the HP in-house repair people phone me
with the news that the scanner/copier portion of the all-in-one device
cannot be fixed. However, they are happy to sell me a refurbished
device for $277.50 with a 30-day warantee.

My recommendation: do not buy this printer. It will stop working
shortly after the warantee expires and HP will not repair it.

Maybe one of the rare cases where an extended warranty would have come in
handy.
--
Cari
www.coribright.com

Cari (MS-MVP) wrote:
> Maybe one of the rare cases where an extended warranty would have
> come in handy.

Will said you tried to contact me - the address you have for me is valid and
working.

I purchased an HP psc 1350 all in one printer...they sell for about $130.00.
it works fine and has several photo options on the front cover if your are
into digital photography.

best regards,
pockets