Which of the two is better?

G

a global win (I don't know what the model number is) but it's aluminum with a 6000+ rpm fan, or Thermaltake MINI COPPER ORB Heatsink + Ball bearing Fan, Pure Copper base & contact face (that's all they say, no rpm).
Thank you.

If you can't read this, it's time you wiped your screen.

G

Avoid anything with the word ORB in it for your CPU. There are much better solutions out there. The only products that Thermaltake has done well is the Blue orb chipset cooler and for CPU the VolcanoII works well for the money. (notice ..not an orb)

The Global win you are talking about is probably the fop32..I think.

"Sorry Sir we can't replace your Toshiba cup holder....Toshiba does not make cup holders."

FatBurger

Illustrious
Yes, orbs are horrible. The actual orb idea is ok, but the heatsink is too car away from the CPU to do much good. Heat doesn't go through air as easily as you might think.

The ThermoEngine is (very) arguably a good heatsink. That's what I've got on my Bird, and it's worked ok so far (about an hour of minimal processing, just built my computer, not even an OS on it yet). But I have the Delta fan on it, so that makes a big difference over it's stock fan.

Apple? Macintosh? What are these strange words you speak?

Pettytheft

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
Currently the highest performing heatsink/fan combo tested is the Thermaltake Dragon orb. The old orbs sucked however they were riduculously difficult to mount on your proc. I use a SuperOrb cooler right now, it's not as bad as what some folks make it to be. It's also cheap.

<A HREF="http://www.overclockercafe.com/Reviews/Tt_Dragon_ORB_3/Tt_Dragon_ORB_3_pg_2.html" target="_new">Dragon Orb Beats a Swiftech!</A>

Blah, Blah Blahh, Blahh, blahh blah blahh, blah blah.

G

So is that FOP32 any good?

If you can't read this, it's time you wiped your screen.

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
middle ground as far as I'm concerned. Okay for stock CPUs, not very quiet or cool. For 20 bucks or so - okay.

-* This Space For Rent *-
email for application details