Presario Question

Last response: in Computer Brands
a b V Motherboard
October 25, 2004 10:52:49 PM

Can I change the mother board on one of these pc ? And replace it with a
clone ?

More about : presario question

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
October 26, 2004 12:17:19 AM

It depends on the model of Presario. I replaced the mobo in a Presario for my
son's friend, using a standard Asus P4 microATX motherboard. I also changed out
the power supply for a more powerful one and I had to rewire the leads from the
front panel (on-off button, power LED, hard disk LED) to fit the replacement
motherboard.

With some other Presarios, this is just about impossible. I replaced the
motherboard and Presario case for a client when the mobo burned out due to
accumulated dust and dirt. Moved the hard drive, CD-RW and all the add-ins to
the "new" used replacement case, then reconfigured the WIndows software,
sometimes a challenge in itself.

So which model of Presario do you have? ... Ben Myers

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 18:52:49 GMT, "Jesus Alvarado !!" <alvarje@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

> Can I change the mother board on one of these pc ? And replace it with a
>clone ?

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
October 26, 2004 12:17:20 AM