Presario Question

Can I change the mother board on one of these pc ? And replace it with a
clone ?
2 answers Last reply
More about presario question

    It depends on the model of Presario. I replaced the mobo in a Presario for my
    son's friend, using a standard Asus P4 microATX motherboard. I also changed out
    the power supply for a more powerful one and I had to rewire the leads from the
    front panel (on-off button, power LED, hard disk LED) to fit the replacement
    motherboard.

    With some other Presarios, this is just about impossible. I replaced the
    motherboard and Presario case for a client when the mobo burned out due to
    accumulated dust and dirt. Moved the hard drive, CD-RW and all the add-ins to
    the "new" used replacement case, then reconfigured the WIndows software,
    sometimes a challenge in itself.

    So which model of Presario do you have? ... Ben Myers

    On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 18:52:49 GMT, "Jesus Alvarado !!" <alvarje@sbcglobal.net>
    wrote:

    > Can I change the mother board on one of these pc ? And replace it with a
    >clone ?

    Which model did you do this with?

    > It depends on the model of Presario. I replaced the mobo in a Presario
    for my
    > son's friend, using a standard Asus P4 microATX motherboard. I also
    changed out
    > the power supply for a more powerful one and I had to rewire the leads
    from the
    > front panel (on-off button, power LED, hard disk LED) to fit the
    replacement
    > motherboard.
    >
    > With some other Presarios, this is just about impossible. I replaced the
    > motherboard and Presario case for a client when the mobo burned out due to
    > accumulated dust and dirt. Moved the hard drive, CD-RW and all the
    add-ins to
    > the "new" used replacement case, then reconfigured the WIndows software,
    > sometimes a challenge in itself.
    >
    > So which model of Presario do you have? ... Ben Myers
    >
    > On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 18:52:49 GMT, "Jesus Alvarado !!"
    <alvarje@sbcglobal.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    > > Can I change the mother board on one of these pc ? And replace it
    with a
    > >clone ?

Compaq Presario Motherboards Computers