Lenovo Displays Awesome Arcade Laptop Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

So you take a laptop put it in a box plug in a modified usb arcade style controller and this supposed to be some great mod?

Lenono is still a no no for me.

akorzan

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2009
I have the lenovo y550 (The Core 2 version of y560) and it's poop. Sure the hardware is great and was cheap but the package sucks. Why do companies pack such great hardware and provide only 1366*768 resolution as the only option? I even saw a MSI 16 inch with a gtx 285 with that cruddy resolution.

e-nigma

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
Uhm, not that it isn't nice... But, I modded an old arcade cabinet, a neo-geo actually), added more buttons to the console, tossed in an old 21 inch monitor, made a black bezel for the monitor and other nick nacks, threw a pc inside of it, etc, and I have this sweet MAME (multiple arcade machine emulator) that plays literally hundreds of arcade games just like you're playing on a real arcade machine. Too bad I don't have any pictures. Anyway, I was unimpressed when I saw this "single game" conversion. ;)

G

Single game because he probably had to purchase a pc version of street fighter to avoid copyright issues, he could have mame running in 15 minutes minus the download time.

Status
Not open for further replies.