Sign in with
Your question
Closed

[PC] Best Gaming Mouse?

Last response: in Video Games
May 25, 2012 9:55:39 PM

What's the best gaming mouse on the market? I use about low-medium sensitivity and I don't care whether it's wireless or not. I have a cloth mousepad (Steelseries QcK) if that helps.

I don't really have a set price range, so price isn't a problem. I like being able to change the weight of the mouse and I like thumb rests but they aren't necessary.

More about : gaming mouse

May 25, 2012 10:15:39 PM

R.A.T 3, R.A.T 5, R.A.T 7, R.A.T 7 infection, M.M.O 7, R.A.T 9.

amazing mice, just choose the one best for you gaming style and price range.
Score
Related resources
May 25, 2012 10:47:21 PM

Out of all of these mice, which do you think is the best?

SteelSeries Sensei
Razer Deathadder 3.5G
Logitech G9x
Roccat Kone[+]
R.A.T. 7

and for a cloth mousepad, should I get the SteelSeries QcK or the Razer Goliathus?
Score
May 25, 2012 10:54:55 PM

i have the SteelSeries QcK (loads of people recommend them) and the R.A.T 5 and they are both amazing.

and get the R.A.T 7 infection it has a few more features than the normal R.A.T 7 mouse.
Score
May 25, 2012 11:21:34 PM

There's no such thing as a perfect mouse for everybody. People are different. They do not only prefer different things, but they are different physically, too. Which means size of hands, left/right handed, etc. And then there's pricing ...

All you will hear here are personal preferences.

Personal preference: Sharkoon Fireglider (black). Enough (and switchable) DPI for my uses, just the right size, right handed only, you can choose and adjust the weight, programmable (which is saved WITHIN the mouse, no need to have the program installed at all times, you can switch the PC and still have the buttons mapped), it survived being drowned in coffee, looks as new as on the first day after a year of use and last but not least it comes at a really low price for what you get, especially compared to all the Razer's, Steelseries and stuff like that. ;) 

TLDR; look for specs, try them if possible (handling) and choose accordingly.
Score
May 25, 2012 11:51:11 PM

I was asking this same question a while back... I went with the G9x, and so far it is the best mouse I have ever used! I absolutely love it! The software is great, it has a bunch of macros, changeable dpi, changeable weights and it comes with two different grips and you can buy many more. It fits my personal preference great and I highly recommend it to anybody. It is also pretty cheap compared to other brands such as the r.a.t. mice which I dont recommend at all...
Score
May 26, 2012 4:53:33 AM

whatsthatnoise said:
There's no such thing as a perfect mouse for everybody. People are different. They do not only prefer different things, but they are different physically, too. Which means size of hands, left/right handed, etc. And then there's pricing ...

All you will hear here are personal preferences.

Personal preference: Sharkoon Fireglider (black). Enough (and switchable) DPI for my uses, just the right size, right handed only, you can choose and adjust the weight, programmable (which is saved WITHIN the mouse, no need to have the program installed at all times, you can switch the PC and still have the buttons mapped), it survived being drowned in coffee, looks as new as on the first day after a year of use and last but not least it comes at a really low price for what you get, especially compared to all the Razer's, Steelseries and stuff like that. ;) 

TLDR; look for specs, try them if possible (handling) and choose accordingly.

I would have to agree. It also depends on the games you play. A simple standard 2 button gaming mouse is sufficient for most games. If you play MMOs and RPGs it would be helpful to get MMO mouses (more buttons to press).
Score
June 14, 2012 3:32:41 PM

I have to agree with mercer, I think R.A.T. really has the monopoly on amazing gaming mice.
Score
July 12, 2012 7:30:22 AM

Remur said:
What's the best gaming mouse on the market? I use about low-medium sensitivity and I don't care whether it's wireless or not. I have a cloth mousepad (Steelseries QcK) if that helps.

I don't really have a set price range, so price isn't a problem. I like being able to change the weight of the mouse and I like thumb rests but they aren't necessary.

Check out these -> http://squidoo.com/favorite-gaming-mouse , someone started a vote, looks like Razer Mamba is winning
Score
a b 4 Gaming
July 12, 2012 8:21:37 AM

i have the rat 7 contagion, it is a good mouse but the range as a whole has issues., first there build quality is lacking. 1 in 5 is doa or faulty. the sensor has a tendancy to move when you lift the mouse off the mat. it will move down and to the right this is a sensor issue that affects every mouse that uses it. lastly they are very heavy.
other than that they are pretty good. the acceleration can be turned off properly and prediction is minimal which is the way it should be. overall i would say its 1 of the best mice you can buy if you can get a fully working 1.
there are better mice out there but they are few and far between. the g400 is a quarter of the price and easily matches it in control. just make sure you buy the 1 with PID above LZ13333 as the lower pid numbered 1s have prediction issues also known as angle snapping. they were the first in the range but after a sensor change, it made this little beauty punch well above its weight.

zowie ec1 and ec2 are good mice. although they aint as configurable as some but the sense of control you get is hard to match.
kova + is an optical mouse and as such will have issues on some surfaces. skipping is common but can be negated with a quality mouse pad.
kone feel light and plasticy ie cheap. they are good mice and comfy to use but not my style. also they have some issues with turning off acceleration. like the razer lachesis the acceleration isnt off its actually set negatively. this can be frustrating in that the mouse pointer will sometimes feel like its running with a break on.
the mamba has the same issues as the lachesis with negative acceleration.

Score
a b 4 Gaming
July 12, 2012 8:48:42 AM

I git a steal series Xai because im left handed and its not hand specific shaped. I am very happy with it but have never owned another high end mouse to compare it to.
Score
a b 4 Gaming
July 12, 2012 4:47:50 PM

Peripherals are always personal preference. It's all in your playing style, what games you play, how you like your buttons laid out, etc. I've tried highend gaming mice and they are just not for me. I used a Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical for YEARS and it was by far my favorite gaming mouse at the time. http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-D58-00026-Intellimouse-... The only thing it lacked was a DPI button. I since replaced it with a mouse I got off Newegg for $25 and had since fast become my favorite. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... I still don't understand the point of an $80+ mouse. Take away the weights and super adjustments and do they really matter anyway? I do understand the MMO mice with tons of buttons, they have an advantage in those games. In the end it is still personal preference. Everyone has different hands and different taste in what they need.
Score
July 13, 2012 5:20:11 AM

The Steelseries Sensei is hands down the best mouse on the market right now. It's customizable, insanely accurate and is really easy to hold. Good luck mate.
Score
!