global win FOP38 or global win WBK38

OliO

Distinguished
May 27, 2001
Hey there. I've just setup my new system using AMD 1.33ghz 266FSB CPU. Now I have a problem of choosing which heat sink I'm going to use for my CPU. I bought a global win FOP38 heatsink last weeek for this CPU and 2 days ago my brother gave me his heat sink (global win WBK38) cause he is changing his WBK38 to another heat sink. Now I have 2 heat sinks in my hand and I don't know which one I should use. Well, I know both of them will do a good job for my 1.33ghz AMD cpu but I just want to know which one will be the best. I read tomshardware.com review and the global win WBK38 performance is a bit hotter than FOP32-1(and FOP38 is a bit cooler than fop32-1), so does it mean the FOP38 is the best heat sink for my new system ?
One more question. Are 39-43(idle) and 48C-50C (full load)of temp. good for my CPU ? Are they too hot or in the correct range of temp. ? If they are too hot what temp. is the best ?
thanks for spending your time on this

>>>when we are forgotten , we seized to exist<<<

jg38141

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
About the same though the WBK is the newer version of the fop38 and may be a little bit better. Fop32 is the same heatsink as the fop38 just has a smaller fan on it.

My Jesus is whiter than your Jesus.

G

My Tbird 1.33GHz @1.4GHz with FOP38 w/arctic silver whatever the max voltage on my ASUS A7M266 mobo is. (1.85v I think.) Two decent case fans (one in, one out) plus a really nice one in the PS. I get about 30c idle, 47c after running seti for awhile. But my computer's in a basement were the ambient temp. is probebly around 18c or so on average, sometimes less near the floor. (Just call me Nanook of the North.)

I AM Canadian.