What type of cooling is best??

G

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased an AMD 1.33GHz machine with an Asus A7A266 mobo. I was wondering what the best cooling option would be. A VolcanoII came with the CPU purchase, but my CPU seems to be running a little too hot for my liking (about 52 C). I've read up on peltier cooling and water cooling alternatives but I don't know if those are really the best methods. I would like my CPU to last a while so I need something that will keep it cool and not be dangerous, any suggestions???

Thanks,
Joey

killall

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
if you can afford it... go for the vapochill... tom used it in his powerbox... keeps the processor very nice and cold...

you do not strengthen the weak by weakening the strong

FatBurger

Illustrious
Then go with water. Build your own (if you can't find a site to tell you how to do that, don't bother trying :), or buy a prebuilt one from a company like <A HREF="http://www.koolance.com" target="_new">Koolance</A>.

------------------------------
Apple? Macintosh? What are these strange words you speak?

Pettytheft

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
If you have tools cut a blowhole and stick another fan to blow on top of the Volcano II. Also consider what other parts are heating up your case, Video card, Hard disks. A couple of well placed fans can drop your inside case temp as much as 5-10deg. A couple of decent fan/hardisk cooling kits will run you $20 - $30. I think you can slap a larger fan on the VolcanoII as well. If your planning on overclocking you should really get a better heatsink/fan combo.

Blah, Blah Blahh, Blahh, blahh blah blahh, blah blah.

G

I would like my CPU to last a while....
Dont freak out dude, at that temp your CPU will last a couple years.

<font color=blue>Your Mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take effect. Restart Now? [OK]</font color=blue>