PDF driver fails to load

i am trying to install PDF software and the driver does not install. i do not understand what the problem is

Are you logged on as an Administrator or User with Admin Rights?

What software for PDF are you trying to install? Adobe Acrobat?
--
Cari
www.coribright.com

"zenjoe" <zenjoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i am trying to install PDF software and the driver does not install. i do
>not understand what the problem is

yes i am the admin
it is with all pdf software, including adobe

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Are you logged on as an Administrator or User with Admin Rights?
>
> What software for PDF are you trying to install? Adobe Acrobat?
> --
> Cari
> MS-MVP Windows Technologies - Printing/Imaging/Hardware
> www.coribright.com
>
> "zenjoe" <zenjoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i am trying to install PDF software and the driver does not install. i do
> >not understand what the problem is

What is the error message that appears?
--

> yes i am the admin
> it is with all pdf software, including adobe
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> Are you logged on as an Administrator or User with Admin Rights?
>>
>> What software for PDF are you trying to install? Adobe Acrobat?
>> --
>> Cari
>> MS-MVP Windows Technologies - Printing/Imaging/Hardware
>> www.coribright.com
>>
>> "zenjoe" <zenjoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >i am trying to install PDF software and the driver does not install. i
>> >do
>> >not understand what the problem is

if i click on the software, i am told to install the driver or if go to print a pdf doc there is no print driver listed in the driver window for the software.
joe

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> What is the error message that appears?
> --
> Cari
> MS-MVP Windows Technologies - Printing/Imaging/Hardware
> www.coribright.com
>
> "zenjoe" <zenjoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > yes i am the admin
> > it is with all pdf software, including adobe
> >
> > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
> >
> >> Are you logged on as an Administrator or User with Admin Rights?
> >>
> >> What software for PDF are you trying to install? Adobe Acrobat?
> >> --
> >> Cari
> >> MS-MVP Windows Technologies - Printing/Imaging/Hardware
> >> www.coribright.com
> >>
> >> "zenjoe" <zenjoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

carl
would the framedyn.dll file have ny thing to do with my problen. at the adobe site they suggest restoring this file

joe

"zenjoe" wrote:

> if i click on the software, i am told to install the driver or if go to print a pdf doc there is no print driver listed in the driver window for the software.
> joe
>

> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
> > What is the error message that appears?
> > --
> > Cari
> > MS-MVP Windows Technologies - Printing/Imaging/Hardware
> > www.coribright.com
> >
> > "zenjoe" <zenjoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > yes i am the admin
> > > it is with all pdf software, including adobe

carl
could it be the framedyn.dll file?

joe

"zenjoe" wrote:

> if i click on the software, i am told to install the driver or if go to print a pdf doc there is no print driver listed in the driver window for the software.
> joe
>

> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
> > What is the error message that appears?
> > --
> > Cari
> > MS-MVP Windows Technologies - Printing/Imaging/Hardware
> > www.coribright.com
> >
> > "zenjoe" <zenjoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > yes i am the admin
> > > it is with all pdf software, including adobe

Run a System File Check.... from the command prompt, type

sfc /scannow
(note space between c and /)

--

> carl
> could it be the framedyn.dll file?
>
> joe
>
> "zenjoe" wrote:
>
>> if i click on the software, i am told to install the driver or if go to
>> print a pdf doc there is no print driver listed in the driver window for
>> the software.
>> joe
>>

>> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>>
>> > What is the error message that appears?
>> > --
>> > Cari
>> > MS-MVP Windows Technologies - Printing/Imaging/Hardware
>> > www.coribright.com
>> >
>> > "zenjoe" <zenjoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

sfc is not reconized as a prompt on my computer

"zenjoe" wrote:

> i am trying to install PDF software and the driver does not install. i do not understand what the problem is

You can't run sfc /scannow from the command prompt?

--

> sfc is not reconized as a prompt on my computer
>
> "zenjoe" wrote:
>
>> i am trying to install PDF software and the driver does not install. i do
>> not understand what the problem is

after i type "sfc /scannow"[with out "] i hit enter and the message is 'sfc' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
joe

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> You can't run sfc /scannow from the command prompt?
>

> --
> Cari
> MS-MVP Windows Technologies - Printing/Imaging/Hardware
> www.coribright.com
>
> "zenjoe" <zenjoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > sfc is not reconized as a prompt on my computer
> >
> > "zenjoe" wrote:
> >
> >> i am trying to install PDF software and the driver does not install. i do
> >> not understand what the problem is

Something is wrong with XP then, I suggest a Repair Installation

> after i type "sfc /scannow"[with out "] i hit enter and the message is
> 'sfc' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
> program or batch file.
> joe
>

> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> You can't run sfc /scannow from the command prompt?
>>

>> --
>> Cari
>> MS-MVP Windows Technologies - Printing/Imaging/Hardware
>> www.coribright.com
>>
>> "zenjoe" <zenjoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > sfc is not reconized as a prompt on my computer

i fixed the problem
i restored to a point before the problem started and installed a pdf software and the printer installed
thank your for your time
joe collins