What gaming headphones better?

davidl222

Honorable
May 26, 2012
Hello, i have trouble deciding what gaming headphones better. Creative sigma 3d, Thermaltake shock, shock spin, Turtle beach Ear Force Z2 or steelseries v2. They are all around 50 euros. I will be using the headset for games like bfbc2, WoW, Sc2 so please give me some advice. If u have a better headset thats not in the list please let me know. thank you for reading. :)

nirvine8282

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
The best option for a gaming headset is the Razer Megalodon. It has 7.1 Surround sound that makes you feel inside the actual game and the options for the mic are amazing.

http://www2.razerzone.com/Megalodon/

tjosborne

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
the review said no for being so close to $200 the bass wasnt too great. but i guess everybody has diferent opinions on how much bass is good. and i just read one review. but you also need a 7.1 card to use them.

BlueberryCake

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012
How do you all like Sennheiser's PC350? Based on the specs, they seem nice. There's even a mod (http://www.head-fi.org/t/406187/modding-the-sennheiser-pc350-headset) to add more bass.

They're a bit dated, but it seems like a good contender. For gamers, the two major complaints are the lack of bass out of the box and requiring a headphone amplifier to get decent sound quality.

jerodpaul

Honorable
May 28, 2012
I love Turtle Beach headsets and am partial to them because they are comfortable and tend to give decent sound, but they aren't the best, bass can't go super low, treble not super high, but a decent headset.

The Shock spins are a decent pair of headphones but if you're after looks don't get them.

DO NOT go with the Sigma 3D, when they work they are a good pair of headphones, but they like to break... ALOT.

If I were you I would invest a little more money and get the Logitech wireless gaming headset http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VANOFY/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=gamingsquid-20&linkCode=as2&camp=217145&creative=399373&creativeASIN=B003VANOFY super on sale right now $120 US rather than $160 US hope this helped.
Jerod

fantastik250

Distinguished

Some people like it with a sound card. It's a good headset.

Gothams Finest

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011

I've owend the pc350s and I wasnt that impressed by them.

I will say a few good things about them however: The build quality was very good, very sturdy, and the sound was crystal clear (good for competive gaming for hearing voices and footsteps etc)

However, the sound lacked any "meat", too lacking in the bass, sounded a bit tinny. Evan running through a ASUS Xonar D2 soundcard they sounded average, for the money I expected better sound quality, especialy from Sennheiser. If they where priced slighty cheaper then they would be a better buy.

Personally I like a pair of headphones to add to the immersion, which the pc350s didn't.

Gothams Finest

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
Haha, I can be very picky about sound.

Mainly top end Sennheiser and Beyerdynamic headphones, but I'm trying to find something a little bit more affordable that I'm happy with as the top end headphones are very pricey.

I'm looking forward to trying out how the Tiamats when they come out to see how well they handle " true 7.1 surround sound" compared to emulated surround sound.

tjosborne

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
well let us know. i hate headsets, but when you share a room with your wife, thats the only option. that or not game. i just dont game, id rather use z-5500 system when shes not here. i do have 930 when she is but agreed, it seems flimsy, esp. for $160