unable to install printeron new comp that is networked

I am unable to print from my new comp that is networked.
On the old comp, the printer works just fine. It is a
photosmart 1000 series by hewlett packard. when i try 2
add printer to new comp, i have been unable to do so
after following all instructions.there comes a point in
which i am asked 2type in the printer name, i have done
this several times. i get the error box telling m ei have
istyped the name. another box tells me 2 select from a
list of printers, no list ever appears.another box tells
me 2 type in the path to the old computer. i honestly do
not know what to type in there

Have you shared the printer?
Is the Shared Name of the printer in the correct format?

http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article%20Five.htm

Are the PCs correctly networked together?

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp/addxp.htm
--
Cari
www.coribright.com